Author Topic: seizers and an's update on Lindas an'S apointment  (Read 1862 times)

lmurray69

seizers and an's update on Lindas an'S apointment
« on: February 16, 2006, 09:19:58 pm »
Well the Neurosurgeon said he would not operate cause I have to much wrong the tia's and i am diabetic  the Ent Doctor wont take out the colesterol neronome says it can stay .when all I read on line says they have to remove it.. it swells and fills with blood cristals. The Neuro Doctor think I am having seizers not TIA"s  They are all goofed up... So the neuro dr is putting me on anti sezior meds . Mixed up dont know what to do now very confussed...has anyone had seizers with the an's
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

russ

Re: seizers and an's update on Lindas an'S apointment
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 05:03:17 pm »
Hi
  I've read of some who have seizures but had large ANs impacting the brain stem and compressing the 4th ventricle. This would be an AN in the 3.5 cm+ range. Even, 4 cm. and above.
  My feeling is you need more opinions. Do you mind telling where you are being seen?
  Russ

lmurray69

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 07:07:09 pm »
[ telling where you are being seen?
  Russ
in columbia mo  university of mo  dr latalski 
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

russ

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 10:10:40 pm »
Hi

"an 9mm and growing"  -Small AN yet to be seizure related. University Hospitals are usually pretty good places. Seems if Neurology wants to Dx you with epilepsy, it would be non AN related or they would treat the AN. The next Neurosurgeon 'might' operate even given the potentials. 2 or 3 opinions is good, AND, reasonable.

Russ