Author Topic: Returning to work after GK procedure  (Read 6447 times)

sharondaniels

Re: Returning to work after GK procedure
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 08:34:53 pm »
Emma~  This is great news!!  I am just like you in wondering what the next 6mos holds... I do have headaches still and I feel that by mid day my eyes feel a bit puffy.  It might just be the overall stress of the uncertainty!!  But, I hope you continue to do well and we'll have a similar date in the near future to look forward to!!
take care! 
Sharon
 1.5cm AN right side diagnosed 10/12/11
 GK 12/1/11 at UVA
from VA

HisHands

Re: Returning to work after GK procedure
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 11:02:34 pm »
Sharon,  The stress of the uncertainty does take its toll on us, but I have been working hard at "renewing" my mind and taking control of the negative thoughts.  Each time a negative thought enters my mind, I instantly replace it with some of my favorite scriptures or favorite praise and worship songs -- I say instantly, but its as soon as I realize the thoughts are leading me down the path of the "fear of the unknown" again.  I know everyone has their own way of handling adversity, but this is what I need to do for my peace of mind.  My husband finds it amusing that I've written my favorite scriptures/positive thoughts on index cards and have placed them on my mirror, in my desk drawer, on my car dashboard -- I don't use any of the Psalms above chapter 65 / 70 or I may find myself matching my speed to the chapter numbers  ;D  Would be difficult explaining this to a police officer.... 

I certainly hope my lame effort at being humorous doesn't come across as not having a concern, but I desperately want to get through a day and a night without this issue heavily weighing on my mind.  It's comforting to know if 6 months down the road we hit a bump, we will have the wonderful people on this forum to encourage us again and again until we get over the obstacle.  I also feel like my eyes get puffy by midday, but I purchased a gel eye mask that I keep refrigerated and place on my eyes for about 5 - 10 minutes for some relief.  We can get through this!!  Wishing you and everyone else on this forum good days and good nights ahead!!  Happy Holidays.... Emma
Emma
1.5 x 1.5 x 2cm AN in left ear;  MRI 11/16/2011;  GK on 12/16/11

...In Your hand is power and might and Your hand gives strength to all.... I Chronicles 29:12