Author Topic: How do you check radiation ocologist credentials?  (Read 1988 times)

claire1

How do you check radiation ocologist credentials?
« on: May 20, 2008, 10:19:53 pm »
Hi

Quite simply, (I hope),Where/ how do you check the radiation oncologist credentials that are responsible for pushing the button of radiation into the brain,or anywhere for that matter.

Thanks in advance
Claire

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: How do you check radiation ocologist credentials?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 05:59:46 am »
Hi Claire :)

You can do a "search" on the State Board of Registration for Physicians.  There, it will list their affiliations, education, publications (if their work has been published), accomplishments/recognitions as well as any malpractice that may have occurred against them. I have accessed the MA State Board of Registration of Physicians many times......

You can also do a search on their facility affiliation and do a search for "find a physician" as well.

For me, I prefer the State boards as they have to be state board certified and will know any and all for/against a physician since they have to be registered with the state of choice.

Hope this helps.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"