Author Topic: Back from the Dr. seizure or or not?  (Read 2016 times)

mema

Back from the Dr. seizure or or not?
« on: February 08, 2008, 01:22:11 pm »
OK ,

After looking for answers to my head spasms, which I've always described  as movement feeling in my head(brain), the shivers or chills from my toes to my head at the same time, followed by a worsening headache,  all started day 1 of FSR treatments.  Last March of 2007 went back to facility that did FSR and seen the neuro-oncolyogist.  At first visit he blames these spasms on my neck.  OK I have had neck problems for 18 yrs, and never up to my 57 yrs of life do  I get this feeling.  Fast forward six months later  same neruo has some answers for me that seem they make sense.  Yes, I could have nerve damage.  The chills could be from a condition caused by radiation I have been on clonazepam which is a seizure med that also acts as an anxiety drug.  First neuro put me on that, who also tested me for seizures which were negative.  This current neuro doesn't like that I am on clonazepam.  So about 6 weeks ago I noticed spasms to seem more frequent.  Call neuro to see if I could possible increase the meds.  Nurse says no, he wants to test you for seizures.  So make a two hour trip there, he immediately dismisses any notion of zeizures.  Again he's back with the neck.  Co-incidence it all  began with radiation.   I told him I dissagree with him.  He talks about all the data he knows of  and these symptoms don't match.  So now he puts me on neurontin a zeizure med also doubles as a nerve pain med.  I am not out to sue anybody or anything like that.  You know that saying "I know my own body, listen to it).  I know that I never had spasms in my head, chills or shivers or headaches(so rare that took a tylenol and the headache went away immediately ) before day one of radiation.  At this point I'm very confused.

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

OMG16

Re: Back from the Dr. seizure or or not?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 02:14:36 pm »
I'm sorry you are experiencing this.  I believe you do know you body best and if you feel there is a problem always follow your gut instincts.  You may want to see a neurologist they are much better with atypical seizure disorders that can present in ways that I have found the neurosurgeons are not aware.  I'm not saying that your neurosurgeon is anyway lacking in his care however they can not be experts in every aspect of care.  If you can not get into a neurologist soon make an appt with your primary and see if he can help you navigate this.  Kisses to your forehead.  :-* 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.