Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 778066 times)

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #2310 on: March 03, 2008, 06:58:00 pm »
Brendalu, that's hilarious!

Yes, we have seen a lot of things come and go.  That's funny about the phones because I was in the mall the other day and I got something at the Qwest store, and I passed all those other booths for phone stuff and I thought...wow, I miss Ma Bell! 

But when I worked at the beach in the early 80's, a gentleman named Hank, age 80 something would come have his morning cup of coffee with us and we'd all shoot the breeze until somebody would come into the store and we'd have to work.  Anyway, on his 84th birthday (he said he was old enough to be dead!) I asked about all the changes he'd seen in his lifetime, which were considerable. I asked what was the most important thing that happened, in his opinion.  He looked right at me and said "The Combustible Engine!".  He was a lot of fun.

Sue
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2311 on: March 04, 2008, 06:28:26 am »
My Mom was a serious kind of gal.  You never messed with her kids or her money!  She was burning trash one time and a wind came up and took out the entire hill of scrub behind us and some withered old pine trees owned by an absent neighbor.  The fire department head guy came up and pulled into our yard (it was a wet day) and handed my Mom a bill for a couple of thousand dollars.  She took it and went inside, told him to wait a minute and came back with a bill for him for screwing up our yard.  She had to get that shot gun out on him to get him to leave and in leaving he really messed up the yard.  The fire department took Mom to court to get their money and Mom counter sued and she won!  They had to come fix our yard and Mom didn't have to pay for the services of four fire departments.  The hill behind us never looked so beautiful when it turned greean again and those are the pictures she took to court.  What is was before and after.  She was a character.  I'm glad you got a good laugh.  I do to everytiem I think about the things she did!
Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2312 on: March 04, 2008, 01:29:45 pm »
Jan,

I read all of it in one night.  I think it was 109 pages at the time.  It was one of my sleepness nights. I laughed so hard I cried.  I came to a great understanding of the people on this forum and how kind, understanding and compansionate they all are and truly humorous.  It is worth the time it takes to read it.  I am proudly.............
Wench Brendalu or Brendalu Wench whichever comes first......................

How about Brendawenchlu?

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #2313 on: March 04, 2008, 01:38:29 pm »

Four more classes, then I'll have my MBA (will still have five classes to go for the CPA) but will have some time to do some dipping if only I can find matthew  LOL

BP, Has anyone told you how proud we all are of you? Getting your MBA? We sure chose a good name for our vessel--she sails in hope-filled waters and conquers obstacle-filled seas!

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #2314 on: March 04, 2008, 02:14:03 pm »
Wowee and AAAAARRRRRR!!!! I been Lost on the Island a few days and missed 5 pages!
Happy belated birthday Sue!!!!
Here's a lil puppy dance for ya!

Now about all this nostalgic TV stuff--of course there's only one for me and you all have to know what it is!

"Adventures in Paradise" with Gardner McKay! From when I was but a little wench I wanted to live in the tropics and sail crystal blue water and I got to do it for most of my life, and guess what--my life ain't over YET! HAH!

Capt Deb
Wicked One-eared Wench

OMG16

« Reply #2315 on: March 04, 2008, 02:40:28 pm »
Capt Deb you have been missed.  How is Sadie and your husband?  I bet Sadie is growing like a weed.  I believe we need an updated photo.  Glad to see you so to speak.  ;D 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2316 on: March 04, 2008, 04:01:24 pm »
Brendaluwench,

I can picture your mom with that shotgun. I immediately thopught of Ma kettle! Now there's a blast from the past.

I would love to see a photo of the phone guy, hightailin' into his truck.

i reckon that the good ship PBW has its new gunner - Brendaluwench (some of mom's traits must have past down)

laz
p.s - good ta have ya back on deck Capt'n. and congrats to the ship's namesake for the MBA.
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #2317 on: March 04, 2008, 04:16:48 pm »
Brenda,

Who needs women's lib with a mom like yours!!!

LOVE IT!!!! ;D

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2318 on: March 04, 2008, 10:55:22 pm »
You know, Capt. Deb, I always wondered who Gardner McKay was.  He's mentioned in one of Jimmy Buffett's songs ("We are the People our Parents Warned Us About", I think).  Thanks for solving that mystery for me. 

Jan
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 07:06:28 am by leapyrtwins »
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2319 on: March 05, 2008, 01:37:22 am »
Larry, I was thinking of Ma Kettle too!  But I was thinking I might hurt Brendalu's feelings! HA  Forgot about Adventures in Paradise.  And there was always Sea Hunt, too.

Thanks, Cap't for the belated wishes.  Had a nice birthday. 

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2320 on: March 05, 2008, 09:42:33 am »
Brendawenchlu is perfect!  Thanks, Capt Deb...........you have been missed!  Laz, my Mom was kinda the Ma Kettle type!  I think I have a few of her traits, but I was always a better shot than she was.  (I hunted with my Dad when my brothers wouldn't).  I think that her stockings said it all.......................I think I'll wear some like them! :o
Ann Marie.......my Mom was a women's libber way before they became popular.  She was a combo of Martha Stewart, Bob Villa, Ma Kettle and Mrs. Cleaver (except she worked outside the home, too)  She was always fighting some cause and winning.  She always took the undergog's side.
Hugs,
Brendawenchlu ::)
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #2321 on: March 05, 2008, 06:25:09 pm »
Sounds like my kind of woman.  Too bad she wasn't running for the Democratic leadership, sounds like she would win hands down!!!
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #2322 on: March 06, 2008, 12:51:14 pm »
Jan--The line is
"Hey, hey, Gardner McKay,
Take me on the Leaky Tiki with you!"

It refers to his old boat the Tiki which was a charter boat out of St Thomas in the late 70's and nicknamed the Leaky Tiki.  It's where all the newbie dock rats could work for "room and rum" and was a notorious party boat. She were a little ragged round the edges and had a bit of a green skirt on her bottom, but were a heap of fun and crawling wiv cute young scallywags!!!

Capt Deb 8)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2323 on: March 06, 2008, 02:09:30 pm »
Thanks, Capt.

Been singing the song for years, yet didn't have a clue as to who Gardner was.  Have been meaning to search the web for him, but never got around to it.

I'll have to look online to see if I can find some video of Adventures in Paradise; somehow as a child, I missed it.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #2324 on: March 13, 2008, 01:57:12 pm »
AAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

It's official! Your dear Captain has decided to bestow  the Official title of "Ship's Ghost" upon Captain Gardner McKay. May his adventurous spirit and love of the sea and all things wild and tropical, be with the PBW on all her voyages, both real and imagined, for ever and ever!

Capt Deb