Author Topic: MRI on Monday  (Read 2015 times)

Lainie181818

MRI on Monday
« on: April 06, 2007, 05:26:18 pm »
Hi everyone,
thank you all for your support. I will let you know the fate of "Harry" on Monday. I am putting my laundry list of questions for Dr Brackman at House clinic. If there is anything you would like me to ask, let me know.
Lainie.

Palace

• Palace
Re: MRI on Monday
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 08:12:56 pm »
Hello Lainie,

We can all understand the emotions each of us go through.  Each of us will await your results of "Harry" on Monday.  Please let us know as soon as possible.

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

lmurray69

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 08:35:51 am »
Laine. I do hope that all goes well for Harry.. I will say a good prayer for him..godbless LInda
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 11:54:06 am »
Hi, Lainie:

I join many others in wishing you a 'successful' MRI on Monday. 

You might ask Dr. Brackman if there is a definitive way to determine if the tumor is completely gone.  You may also want to ask him the actual statistics - at least from the House Clinic - for re-growth.  I know they're tiny and I think that hearing this from a physician you respect would help dispel your fears. 

My neurosurgeon and radiosurgeon have stated to me that, using microsurgery (to hollow out the tumor and make it susceptible to radiation) and FSR as an outpatient follow-up treatment, they have not had any of their AN patients experience a re-growth.  That's why I opted for that method of treatment.  So far, so good.  That is also why I'll be going for my next MRI scan (April 30th) with confidence, not fear. 

Again, I wish you a 'clear' MRI on Monday.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.