Author Topic: Radiosurgery from a non-expert center  (Read 26 times)

drumfest

Radiosurgery from a non-expert center
« on: May 06, 2024, 04:15:28 pm »
Hello,  I'm wondering if anyone out there can reply with successful outcomes at non-expert centers?  I had an appointment with a radiation oncologist at a local hospital & he assured me he can treat my tumor as his team is excellent, but he simply just doesn't see alot of ANs because there just aren't that many that seek treatment where I live. (San Antonio)  He treats many tumors and would do fractionated on my tumor with "The Edge" system.  He also told me he treats many other tumors that are more difficult than mine.  I'd like to go with him because it's the easiest option (insurance wise) and his team does have a reputation for being excellent.  It's just an issue with the lack of patient volume he's treated with ANs & most of my radiosurgery research has been gamma & cyber knife expert centers.  I'm fully aware of the possible caution with having treatment at a non-expert center.  I don't want this to come back and bite me that's why I'm writing as well.

Please reply if desired.  Thanks for reading.  :)
D
Diagnosed 4/2022 L sided AN 1.2cm.  stuffiness/clogged sensation w/slight hearing loss but good WRS.  Occupation: Professional musician.  No treatment yet