Author Topic: How fortunate are we  (Read 4709 times)

kmancini

Re: How fortunate are we
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 11:55:53 am »
I thank God everyday that I am here.  It could have been worse.  I too cant wait for 2009.  Hope it will be a better year.  Just reading on this site has helped me get through this much faster.  All you guys are inspiring.

Karen
An surgery 4-8-08
lumbar drain 4-22-08
csf leak repair 5-30-08 7-11-08 10-6 -08and 10-24-08
BAHA on 10-24-08
university hosp in Cleveland
Dr Megarian and Dr Selman

SammyLeeBuns69

Re: How fortunate are we
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 09:23:48 pm »
I agree with everyone. I found mine by accident..A car accident. We were rear ended on the freeway while the other person was driving 75. As we flew across the interstate and the middle of median. I was asking God just to let us make it home to see the kids..
Little did I know he spared me from that to let me go through this. As the doctor said he had good news and bad.. I just knew the good was .. my collar bone wasnt broken.. but could that be the bad?
No.. he said the good news is your collar bone isnt broken.. BUT.. the bad news is.. you have a brain tumor.. WHAT?
As my husband was in another room getting his news about his surgery on his arm from the accident.. i was preparing my mind for how I was going to tell my husband and kids that their mom and wife has a brain tumor. I quit listening after he said those words to me.. Walked out and waited for my hubby.. as we met up.. he asked how my doctors appointment went.. I said you first.. he said.. I have to have surgery.. what abour you?
Oh. no broken collar bone.. but I do have a brain tumor..
Wow.. i could not give him any information at that point..  because.. I was in shock.. I had paperwork for the referral.. but that is all I could do was to show him..
That was October of 2004. I was scheduled several appointments and referrals to find out the best option.
I ended up going to U of K in Lexington Kentucky to have Gamma Knife in January of 2005. Even though I go back every year to see if it is shrinking.. I still carry this tumor with me and remember to thank God several times a day when I look at my kids, husband and now Gammy of 1 and 2 more on the way.
We are all truly blesssed...
Love to all..