Author Topic: Translab Allegheny General, 12/3, Dr. Chen and Aziz updates  (Read 9170 times)

luke_simmo

Re: Translab Allegheny General, 12/3, Dr. Chen and Aziz updates
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 10:52:06 am »
Great to hear, Slab. Congrats!
3+ cm AN diagnosed 7/30/13
Tanslab procedure 8/30/13 at UW-Madison with Dr. Gubbels and Dr. Baskaya.
No complications, feeling great!
SSD -- currently working to get coverage for a SoundBite device.

Slab

Re: Translab Allegheny General, 12/3, Dr. Chen and Aziz updates
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 08:58:06 am »
Well, not sure yet whether this is even related, but just in case.....

I'm now almost 4 1/2 years post op. I don't really think about the tumor or surgery. When I am tired, I do have facial weakness/eye droop on the left side. When in noisy environments, I have trouble hearing due to SSD. And of course, the tinnitus is always there, but other than that, pretty normal. However, over the last couple of months I've noticed a couple things that may or may not be related.
1. Several times I've had difficulty sleeping and felt like the numb/tingling sensation in my face was also in the rest of my body, and
2. Once, a few weeks ago, I experienced a brief (maybe 30 minutes or so) period where I was unable to communicate my thoughts. At all. I could speak but the words coming out didn't match my thoughts so I stopped speaking. Weird. My google diagnosis is transient aphasia, but I haven't spoken to a doctor yet.

I just left a voicemail with Dr. Chen's office. Anyone else ever experience anything similar? Especially this far post op?
10/30/2012 - MRI reveals 3.5 cm AN on left side 
conversation level hearing down to 20%, facial tingling/numbness around lips/nose, occasional loss of balance, and tinnitus
12/3/2012- 12 hr. Translab at Allegheny General in Pittsburgh, PA- Drs. Chen and Aziz, comp. tumor removal, facial nerve saved