Author Topic: 7 weeks post op - Questions about when you returned to work.  (Read 6103 times)

millie

Re: 7 weeks post op - Questions about when you returned to work.
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 09:18:34 pm »
Just wanted to share about looking fine but not feeling fine...went with my husband to a doctor's appointment for himtoday, then to Costco. Although my face is less droopy it still doesn't work fully when I smile or speak, and my eye is always tearing.  It's one rhing to be at home or just walking around the block by yourself and then another thing to jump back into the human everyday hustle and bustle.  I was glad to get home, and I imagine you must be so happy when you finally get home from work.
On a hopeful note, I spoke with the nurse practitioner for my surgeon today via telephone and she said from the way I sounded my lips are pursing their letters much better and I sound better-so yay-we will get better ....hang in there everybody....Mil

It is what it is

Re: 7 weeks post op - Questions about when you returned to work.
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 07:43:47 pm »
Hi,  I went back to work a month after surgery and realized I went back too soon, even though my job is not a physical one.  My brain took longer than that to be able to process complicated things.  I hope you are able to wait until your brain is more fully back on line. 

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.