Author Topic: Away from home  (Read 6429 times)

alabamajane

Re: Away from home
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 02:23:19 pm »
Hi and welcome to a great group of folks willing to give you all the help/advice you might need!

I hope you have more info now that you have been back to Dr.  And maybe he/she gave you some idea if you would need to "hang around" any ,, 

I had translab about 4 hrs from the house 10 mos. ago,, I ended up in hospital for 8 days, so stitches that needed to come out were taken out before I was released. Then I went straight home,, as was mentioned, if you go home that quickly,, be sure and ask for pain meds before discharge! I wasn't hurting so did not get anything ,, but really started hurting when moved around enough to get in car then had long trip home without anything,,, then of course pharmacy took about an hour before they filled my Rx s ,,,, so ask before they start discharge paperwork! You will also want to get comfortable in the car with pillow and close eyes for the trip,,,motion made me feel really bad,,,

I did not go back to Dr for about 6 wks and then again at 4 mo so in my case anyway there was no need to stay away from home after discharge,, I hope that will be your case also!
Good luck in your decision making and be sure to let us know how you are doing Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

LizAN

Re: Away from home
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 08:17:56 pm »
You can google my brain surgery clip, go to "Wendy Warr brain tumor vacuumed", they did a news broadcast.  It might give you an idea of HEI and your upcoming surgical procedure).
Take Care!
Wendy

Wendy,

How cool!

Does Dr. Schwartz use this device for all of his surgeries?  I thought I had asked a million questions, but I failed to ask anything about the instruments that would be used in my surgery on July 3rd!

Liz
8/20/2010 - 9mm AN on left side 
Fullness, tinnitus, mild hearing loss
2/20/2011 - 8mm
4/20/2012 - 12.4 mm
Moderate to severe hearing loss, LOUD tinnitus, deteriorating balance
Facial numbness and twitching, which subsided pre-surgery
Translab at House, 7/3/2012, Slattery and Schwartz