Author Topic: It has been 4 years!  (Read 6495 times)

pattibobatti

It has been 4 years!
« on: February 16, 2010, 08:11:51 pm »
Most of you won't remember me... I had AN surgery 4 years ago today.  I did have to go through so much. Paralysis, had my cornea romoved because they did not protect it during sugery, developed a desease in my hip because of the steroids....actually went 'crazy' from being on the steroids too long........ very bad recovery.....

I sit here tonight and think about all this.  I have had much surgery to correct all the above.  I actually look good.  My sorrow now cannot compare with what I have just told you.  My son died less than 4 months ago.  He was a wonderful young man. 21 years old.
I am a christian and know that he is in heaven now.  Of course, that brings me much joy. Tonight I would love the chance to be with Sean(my son), but instead I have to wait.  Please know that I miss my son and that I am still grateful to have survived the bad outcome.

Patti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

amymeri

Re: It has been 4 years!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 08:50:03 pm »
Oh Patti,

I dont know what to write except to send my deepest sympathies on the loss of your son.  I am sure that you will miss him, and I am so glad you are comforted by your faith and the knowledge that he is in a better place.

I, too, am four years out (almost) and it is certainly a test of tenacity and faith to overcome the obstacles.

I am sending out my prayers for you.

Love
Amy
Amy

4 cm right AN removed restrosigmoid 4/13/06
Partial facial paralysis, SSD and trigeminal numbness for now

Arasha

• El camino es largo y dificil pero no imposible.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 08:55:19 pm »
Patti;
 I am speechless, definatelly you are a strong woman. May the comfort of God help you during this difficult time.
My thoughts are with you.

God bless you,
Gloria
Left side AN 2.5x1.8 removed on 10/17/2007 endosc. by Dr.Shahinian (retrosig) at SBI, LA,Ca. Facial phalsys (almost back). Balance issues. Tinnitus. MRI 8 months later showed AN was resected completelly.TransEar 11/2008. Clinical trial for SoundBite 11/2009. SoundBite user.I have the best family.

Jill Marie

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 09:01:44 pm »
Patti,  

I don't know that I've ever posted to you but I certainly remember your online signature and reading some of your posts.  There are many here on the board that remember you as well and I'm sure they will be along to say Hi!  I'm so glad to hear that medically your life is so much better now than after your surgery, I can't imagine going through all the issues you did.  

You are missing your son so much and wishing he was here to help you celebrate how far you have come these last four years.  I would love to read anything you would like to share about your son and please feel free to tell us how your journey has been since you last posted.  Jill
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

chelsmom

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 09:16:29 pm »
Dearest Patti,
I remember you here on the forum as my daughter Chelsea and you were going through recovery about the same time.

My heart is breaking for you and your family.  I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  May God bless and comfort you with peace and beautiful memories of your son.

Wwoodian

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 02:01:07 am »
Losing a child is the worst kind of pain for a parent to experience.  I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this after having already been through so much.  I'm glad that you know that your son is in the hands of a loving God.  My heart is broken after reading your post.  May the Lord comfort you and bring you some peace.
Jill
Diagnosed with 1 cm AN on 10-28-09
Middle Fossa surgery on left side 11-20-09
Dr. Friedman and Dr. Schwartz at House Clinic in LA.
No hearing loss or facial nerve problems
Severe double vision and bouncy vision
Yahoo!  Double Vision gone after 3 months!
Did a full marathon 1 1/2 yrs after surgery!

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 04:54:04 am »
my heart goes out too you, i now know there is worst things that can happen than a AN,  take carexxxxxxxx your son will be watching over youx
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 07:23:52 am »
patti

my heart sunk reading this news.... please accept my deepest condolences and know that I send you MAJOR hugglez to you.  You know your "AN Family" is always here for you.... just as you have been here for so many of us, myself included  :-*  :-*  :-*

HUGGLEZ!!!!!!!!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 07:49:57 am »
Patti -

you've been through so much.  I'm sorry about the loss of your son.

Prayers,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 02:38:57 pm »
Patti:  Of course I remember you - YOU ARE THE TRAILBLAZER WHO LED KAYBO & me to DR. BYRNES.  I am so very sorry to hear about your son.  You are one courageous lady, having had been through so much & now this.  My thoughts & prayers are with you.  Keep a peaceful heart my friend. I think of you often as the angel who guided me during the toughest time in my life. You are forever in my heart,  Nancy
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 08:41:10 am by nancyann »
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 05:06:13 pm »
Hi, Patty ~

Thanks for the 4-year update.  I was pleased to learn that you came through all the obstacles in pretty good shape.  

However, I was absolutely stunned to read through your post and learn that your son, Sean, has died at the age of 21.  As the father of a son (age 30) I can somewhat understand the depth of your loss.  No parent ever wants to outlive their child and at 21, Sean's life had only just begun.  As a Christian myself, I can offer you my sincere condolences and share your confidence that you'll join your boy again, in heaven.  Please allow God's mercy and love to give you solace in this dark hour and lean on family, friends and whomever can help you through this.  Of course, your 'AN friends' are all thinking of and many will be praying for you.  I know you'll find the strength to eventually surmount this tragedy and I hope you'll continue to stay connected with us on the AN forums because you're part of our 'family'.  We care about you, Patti, and your loss grieves us all.  Although you'll never, ever forget Sean, you will see better days ahead.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Jeanlea

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 07:05:48 pm »
Patti,

I do remember you.  It is so sad to hear that your son has passed from this life.  I'm sure that you have many fond memories of him and hope that they give you some comfort.  Thank your for sharing this sad news with us.  My prayers are with you.

Jean 
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

Cheryl R

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 07:07:42 pm »
Patti, I am sorry to hear of the loss of your son.      I can't imagine what that would feel like.     We will be thinking of you here and hope for the strength for you to get thru each day.
                                                         Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 09:09:40 pm »
Patti, I  have not been around long enough to know you, but I went back and read some of your past posts.

I have a daughter who just turned 22 and is on a study abroad trip in Panama right now. I cannot imagine . . . I do not want to imagine . . . the depth of your loss.

Please know that you are in my prayers. You said that you would love to be with Sean tonight. I believe that someday, when the time is right, God will take you to be with him and you will have a joyous eternal reunion.

Take care and God bless you and your family in your time of need.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 05:16:58 am »
There's nothing else I can't say that hasn't already been said.  My prayers are with you and your family and you will indeed see your son again!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston