Author Topic: Seattle area right side an  (Read 5084 times)

matti

Re: Seattle area right side an
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 04:59:57 pm »
I flew a few months before my AN diagnosis. I did not have nausea, but did have ear pain/ head pressure on my AN side for a few days after I landed. Both going and returning. Since surgery, I have flown a few times and do not have any problems. I use EarPlanes for the cabin pressure. You can buy them at a drug store, you put them in when the cabin door closes and then can remove them when you reach altitude. There are a soft plastic and literally screw into the ear canal. I always keep mine in the whole time. They will interfere with hearing, and if have SSD, like me, then you won't be hearing much, but I"ll take that over ear pain/pressure anyday.

take care,
matti

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 09:46:01 am »
Thanks everyone for your advice, I can't find the sea bands I had, so I'm going to get a new set today.  I just started this bad bout with nausea, so I'm also hoping maybe it's just a virus or something.  Before this week I had it occasionally, and not enough to want to take anything.  The last time I flew was a year ago and I didn't have a problem, so I'm hoping that the Dr. will give me the all clear to wait till July for surgery. Keep your fingers crossed!  You guys rock! 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

DeniseSmith

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 10:51:49 am »
I had surgery in May, 2005 and flew post-op on in the following  months, September 2005, November 2005 and February 2006.   I don't know what kind of planes, but flew Northwest, Midwest, and American Airlines. 

Denise

nannettesea

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2006, 11:22:30 am »
Cheryl-
About the same, sorry to say.  Thanks for asking.  Almost done at the Mayo.  Had a very bad experience with Dr. Colin Driscoll on my follow up, he was blaming/shaming me for not trying hard enough...basically saying my not getting better was my fault.  Needless to say, I won't be seeing him again and may write a letter of complaint.

Also saw the neurologist, who just says it's taking a long time...back on anti-depressants, seeing a psychologist too.  Reading books on chronic illness--hate to think I'm in that category, but it fits for now.

Hope you are doing well?
Nan
1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jay Rubinstein, U of WA
8/29/05

littlemissrory

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2006, 09:47:54 pm »
Hi.  I am a Seattle resident who had a left-side AN removed May of 2004 by Dr Mangham/Dr Steege...Seattle Ear Clinic.  Huge amounts of dizziness, vertigo and nausea...surgery with them was brilliant and I had an awesome recovery.  They are my favorite people.  Should you wish to chat E-mail me at littlemissrory@hotmail.com ...I don't often come on the forum.

Best of luck.  Seattle is a great place to be in this situation.
Rory