Author Topic: New Question from Lee (not to be lost in Good Morning Thread)  (Read 5514 times)

lee

• awareness
Re: New Question from Lee (not to be lost in Good Morning Thread)
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 05:40:26 am »
thanks sue so much for shaing your story - i'm on prednosine(steriod)  and have been since june9th. i have 12 more days of it and can't wait to be done. i have blown up like a blowfish to sat the least. they are hoping this might shrink the tumor in and pf itself which would be of course awesome. i am able to sleep though - just a little irritable at times and bloated. i'm so glad you were able to do radiation. the surgery scares me too. i'm anxious to hear from dr. shanianian from the skull base institute for a 2nd opinion. in the meantime - i really like my physical therapist and now have eye/face/balance exercises to do. will let everyone know how the ecerc ises help the dizziness thing.

i certainly appreciate everyone who contributes on this forum. it has been a God sent to me through this stuff.
lee
lee
2x3mm an
symptoms:dizziness/dull headache/bell's (4 wks)subsided
steriods/waiting/another mri 8/31/06

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 05:08:43 pm »
Lee,

I'd like to add my bit as well. Tottally agree with everyone above especially Mark. I was diagnosed with a 2cm AN some years ago and wasn't told of radiation treatment so had surgery. I did't seek out these helpful web sites. Anyway, my an has grown back. Surgery is no guarantee of total removal. My thinking is that if the growth is too close or on the facial nerve, the surgeon didn't risk facial paralysis so left some behind.

Anyway, the approach I had was middle fossa. I changed neurosurgeons and based on recent studies in Europe and his own experiences, he no longer does middle fossa and no longer operates on small an's. I am currently in watch and wait mode with a regrowth sized an at 19mm. It isn't causing me any new symptoms so I am not touching it. I suffer debilitatting headaches every day following the surgery i had.

My next treatment will be GK (CK not available in Oz.

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

lee

• awareness
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006, 06:37:17 am »
thanks larry for your feedback - i actually spoke to my surgeon yesterday and he does not want to do surgery at this point. but my OTHER news is that he basically said it very well could ot be an an but a vessel tumor, like raydean had shared yesterday and that there is no way of finding out unless he goes in there. meanwhile, i'm scared my head could blow up / an anureism(NO idea how to spell that one) i see my neurologist tomm. to discuss it as well. guess i'll do some research on blood vessel tumors as well.

has anyone been affected by a plane ride w/ their an???
lee
2x3mm an
symptoms:dizziness/dull headache/bell's (4 wks)subsided
steriods/waiting/another mri 8/31/06