Author Topic: Official AN Treatment/Events Calendar  (Read 23289 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Official AN Treatment/Events Calendar
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2008, 06:05:45 am »
I confess, it was me.

I wasn't sure if anyone reminded you to add your date and I didn't know if you were even aware of the calendar, so when I was in there looking around I just added it.

Hope you don't mind,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2008, 07:08:37 am »
Not at all, Jan!  I think someone had mentioned it at one time, but at the time I didn't have a date.  Then I was perusing the forum and found this topic and it reminded me that I needed to go add it.  And the rest is history.  All kinds of dates to remember these days... 28th pre-op testing (blood, chest x-ray, ekg, etc..) and charity golf tournament, 5/2-5/4 camping with Daughter with our YMCA group, 5/5 pre-op visit with doctor and then 5/8 surgery...  I may have to break down and buy a calendar to carry around with all the dates of things I need to remember.  I don't typically have enough going on to have to write it down..

Thanks again, Jan!  :D
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2008, 07:54:47 am »
My short term memory was shot for a while after the trans lab............you may want to buy a pocket calendar just to keep up!!  I use several!!  Keeping you in good thoughts.................Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2008, 01:04:06 am »
Your short term memory was shot for awhile?  Can you define "awhile" ?  Several pocket calendars?  Is that because you can't remember where you put them? ;) (KIDDING!)

All of these potential changes (short term memory problems, multi-tasking problems, headaches, balance issues, etc..)..  I can't decide if I'm intruigued about what changes are in store for me post-op or scared out of my whits about them.  ;)

Btw, is it bad that I beat the surgeons to the punch and just shaved my head?  At least one part of all this can be done on MY terms!  heh

Brian
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2008, 05:31:39 am »
Your short term memory was shot for awhile?  Can you define "awhile" ?  Several pocket calendars?  Is that because you can't remember where you put them? ;) (KIDDING!)

All of these potential changes (short term memory problems, multi-tasking problems, headaches, balance issues, etc..)..  I can't decide if I'm intruigued about what changes are in store for me post-op or scared out of my whits about them.  ;)

Btw, is it bad that I beat the surgeons to the punch and just shaved my head?  At least one part of all this can be done on MY terms!  heh

Brian

Brian, bald is the new "in"..... I bet it looks great on you!  :)  Yep, some of what you note does crop up.... as we know, "individual results may vary".... good to know in advance what has happened with some folks post treatment..... for me.... I knew in advance some of these things can occur.... didn't anticipate them but if it did happen, at least it didn't throw me completely off guard... ya know?

TGIF!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2008, 07:38:30 am »
Haha...  I have always told dear wife since we dated in college that if I started losing it on top (like my father) then it's ALL coming off!  I'm not so much into the comb-over thing personally.  So, I actually started shaving it a couple of years ago, but ironically a few months ago I started letting it grow out (cuz wife likes me with hair best).  Then, after finding out about the AN on a Thursday, by Saturday it was all gone again.  She wasn't thrilled, but understood.  Luckily I've been told that I "have the head" for being shaved.  It's gonna look SWEET with my nice new scar in a few weeks!  It'll make me look tough!  (That's what I'm telling myself anyhow) :D  So long as I don't forget where I put she razor!  heh

Brian

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2008, 07:48:46 am »
Brian,
My short term memory is off and on again.  Some of us have that problem.  I wouldn't worry about it.  My younger brother used to tell my Mom, "If you can't keep up, take notes."  It worked for her, calendars and a daily journel works for me.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2008, 01:16:52 am »
How does one edit an entry on the calendar?  My Dr now says they're going to do retrosigmoid rather than translab.  When there was some confusion about which approach we were going with, I changed my signature to simply say "surgery scheduled" rather than specifying the approach.  Now, it seems as though we've settled on retrosigmoid or "combination approach" (whatever the heck that means!). 

I can't believe it's 2 weeks away!

Brian

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2008, 05:44:09 am »
Hey Brian,
You should be able to click on your date of (current) treatment, then it will bring you to another screen where you can choose the option to "edit" it..... if you have troubles doing so, let me know and I'll edit for you.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2008, 07:06:51 am »
Brian -

2 weeks until your surgery  ???

I haven't consulted the calendar lately, but I think Deb is right in front of you.

Boy, time sure flies when you're having fun  ;D

It seems like yesterday that you both were newbies, now you're almost posties!

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2008, 11:40:24 pm »
Phyl - That's what I was doing wrong!  I was trying to click on the entry itself, not on the date.  Thanks for the tip!

Jan - Yeah, 2 weeks!  Debbi is exactly 1 week before me (Hi Debbi!!).  Now, there's a "kimberly" having surgery on the same day as me.  And, you're right it seems like yesterday that I was a newbie (still am, really), but in some ways it seems like it's dragging on forever between diagnosis, decision on treatment and actually getting treatment.  I'm ready to get it over with, to be honest.

Brian

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2008, 01:30:15 pm »
I'm ready to get it over with, to be honest.

Yeah, I remember that feeling.  Surgery day will be here before you know it.

In the meantime, try to relax  :)

Jan

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2008, 08:55:10 am »
I think the door may have closed on relaxing.  Three days left and I am a bundle of nerves!  My attention span is next to nothing and my memory is a disgrace!  I can't even get out of the room I'm in without forgetting what I got up for!   ::)  Went grocery shopping yesterday (wanting to stock up on basics while I am able) and it was just a mess - lost my cart three times!  Ha!

However, I am still finding things to laugh about (a few tears, too, I must confess).  Next week by this time, I hope to be getting discharged from the hospital. 

Pooter and Kimberly are on the bench and next up to bat!  I promise to set a high standard, guys!

Debbi - hanging in NJ
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2008, 08:34:42 pm »
Phyl - That's what I was doing wrong!  I was trying to click on the entry itself, not on the date.  Thanks for the tip!

denada... glad to help! :)

Debbi, hang in there! My pirate socks are April Fresh and ready to go! You hang in there!!!!

Phyl

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2008, 07:41:53 am »
Well, then, I'll be sure to get through this with flying colors - can't waste an April-fresh pair of pirate socks, can we?

Debbi - two days and counting...
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com