Author Topic: Nancy's Spa Day - Lipo and a Face Lift  (Read 76187 times)

joebloggs

Re: Nancy's Spa Day - Lipo and a Face Lift
« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2009, 06:27:28 pm »
That's awesome... they kind of look like bronze statues!  I want to come to your garden and see the fab things you see!!!  Shall we do a swap??!!
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #241 on: May 14, 2009, 05:58:17 am »
Yes, please.
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

joebloggs

« Reply #242 on: May 14, 2009, 06:44:50 am »
Done!!!  It's a bit blustery at the moment here though so when packing, think 'layering' !!!!!
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

NancyMc

« Reply #243 on: May 14, 2009, 07:32:51 am »
I'll just wear my wetsuit!

MissMolly

« Reply #244 on: May 14, 2009, 04:46:18 pm »
Oh, Nancy,
How lucky you are to have moose visit you!  The last time I saw a moose this far south in NH was in lying in the middle of the Everett Turnpike with some rescue vehicles flashing around it.  It wasn't pretty.  And to have a mom and baby too.  Very special.

Wondering how you are doing.  It sure sounds like you have bounced back and are feeling more like your old self.  My symptoms are progressively getting worse and I have called McKenna's office to schedule surgery.  Hoping for mid-late July.

Glad you are well!!

MissMolly
Diagnosed 3/09 1.1cm tumor - 4/17/09 - had grown to 1.2
Age 61 - married with three adult kids
MidFossa surgery completed June 22nd
Mass General/Mass Eye and Ear - Martuza and McKenna
The tumor has grown back.  Now working with Mass General.  Dr. Loeffler feels I am not a candidate for proton beam.

NancyMc

« Reply #245 on: May 14, 2009, 05:15:39 pm »
It is so sad when progress and wildlife collide.  I clipped the hind leg of a bull moose on 93N many years ago.  He walked on, but I felt horrible.  My two small children and dog slept through the collision.
I am feeling fine.  The numbness of my ear and surrounding area, the increased tinnitus and total hearing loss, and of course, my facial weakness are the only annoyances.  It seems my smile is coming back, and my eye troubles me only when overused or out in the wind with debris in the air.
You can expect the best possible outcome with McKenna and Barker.
Good luck.
Nancy

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #246 on: May 14, 2009, 10:31:23 pm »
Very cool moose pictures, Nancy.

Thanks for sharing them.  Here we just have squirrels, squirrels, and more squirrels.

In fact, they might be the official animal of Illinois  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

NancyMc

« Reply #247 on: May 15, 2009, 07:20:46 am »
Jan - Don't you have those cool black squirrels like they have in Michigan?
Ernie - Peacocks are very special, so don't complain.  We just have turkeys wandering around here.  The lizards are cute, too.  I will insist on a trip to Tampa to visit his parents next winter, so we'll come see your wildlife.

Keri

« Reply #248 on: May 15, 2009, 08:03:33 am »
we have deer, deer and more deer. my neighbor feeds them (which feeds every other critter around too, but the many cats around here eat some of the critters). seeing an occassional moose would be nice!
i remember peacocks when i lived in east texas. they were beautiful, but when they screeched it sounded very scary - like a horror movie type of thing.
nancy, glad you're doing better. saw dave's show last sunday. i had recorded it. my husband (who's never seen dave except in the lunch pics) thought they did show dave on tv. i need to go watch it again. i spent most of them time trying to figure out where dave may be, and then after i looked at the website (which is really cool) i figured out the connection.
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #249 on: May 15, 2009, 08:54:19 am »
not to be a party poop, but can we get this truly back on topic or... suggestion... continue the "Mother Nature" discussion in AN Community? Please feel free to start a new thread there. Mother Nature is a wonderful, calming affect on those with ailments and I appreciate it as much as the next person (enjoying watching the new hatchlings of Canadian Geese and Mallard Ducks in our office complex ponds).

Nancy, thank you for sharing all this (as well as others)..... and your understanding.

Nan, please continue here to share about your post-surgical progresses! I know you are hanging in there and doing fine. I know that newbie users to the site will find everyone's post-surgical progresses of help as they research their AN treatment options.

thanks again for understanding.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MissMolly

« Reply #250 on: May 15, 2009, 09:01:42 am »
Hey again, Nancy,

Did Dr. McKenna tallk about whether or not the post-surgery increased tinnitus will subside at all?  My hope is that the brain realizes there aren't any signals coming from that side and decides to stop ringing.  I'm expecting it to increase after surgery (though it's already pretty loud most of the time) but have a little hope in the back of my mind that it will get quieter. 

It does sound like the paralysis is coming back slowly, but surely.  When we met in Worcester last month, I didn't look like it was that severe to me.  I'll keep sending good thoughts to your facial nerve and tell it to "wake up"! 

Glad you are getting out and enjoying the springtime.

Molly
Diagnosed 3/09 1.1cm tumor - 4/17/09 - had grown to 1.2
Age 61 - married with three adult kids
MidFossa surgery completed June 22nd
Mass General/Mass Eye and Ear - Martuza and McKenna
The tumor has grown back.  Now working with Mass General.  Dr. Loeffler feels I am not a candidate for proton beam.

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #251 on: May 15, 2009, 11:33:22 am »
not to be a party poop,

Sorry, couldn't resist! 

Ernie  Jan
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

NancyMc

« Reply #252 on: May 15, 2009, 11:36:21 am »
Hi, Molly.
I didn't ask Dr. McKenna about the increased tinnitus as I believe that at the time I did not truly recognize it.  Sorry.  I see Dr. Barker on Thursday and will try to remember to ask him the question.  I am assuming that it will remain at this level and am learning to accept it.  Mind over matter and all that.  Have you checked other threads or Stoneaxe's survey about pre and post-op symptoms on this topic?
Uh, at the brunch, my facial weakness was pretty severe.  It's getting better now but still quite noticeable.  I am following in Keri's footsteps toward full recovery.  She looked mighty fine at ten weeks.  Today Dave cut (chopped off) my hair, so the appearance of my bizarre coif should distract anyone from noticing my face.  ;D  He's never cut hair before.  If you think I was brave to go into brain surgery, . . .
Nancy

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #253 on: May 15, 2009, 12:17:48 pm »
Sorry, couldn't resist! 
Ernie  Jan

thanks ern....er.. um... Jan :)  Back on topic! :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

cin605

« Reply #254 on: May 15, 2009, 01:24:49 pm »
lol.... ;D
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old