Author Topic: Pre Surgery Symptoms  (Read 2997 times)

willIscubaagain

Pre Surgery Symptoms
« on: July 19, 2005, 07:09:39 am »
Hi,
Have any of you ever felt any kind of numbness in your tounge.  I've had this weird, just bit into a hot pizza, feeling in on the tip of my tounge for about a week.  It's the weirdest thing.

Looks like my surgery isn't till October....I hate waiting....
"It's nooottaa tumor!" 
Detective John Kimble played by
Arnold Schwarzenegger.  Kindergarden Cop, 1990.

matti

Re: Pre Surgery Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 06:49:54 pm »
Yes! that was the one symptom that acutually prompted me to go to the dr.  It felt as if I had burned my tongue. Kind of a fuzzy/numb feeling. Also, when I was flossing, my gums on the affected side had alot less feeling than the unaffected. My tumor was 3.5 cm, I had my surgery in 1998, Middle Fossa. Why is your surgery so far off?

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 09:42:19 pm »
I have this symptom too. Before I was diagnosed I brushed so much to get rid of this feeling that I caused bleeding on my tongue and gums.
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.

matti

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 10:17:32 am »
becknell -  Pre-surgery my hearing was perfect.  They thought the best approach would be middle fossa, to save the hearing nerve, since my hearing did not seem to be affected and also the tumor was pressing on the brain stem. Unfortunetly,  once they got in there, the tumor had wrapped itself around the hearing nerve and severly splayed the facial nerve. I ended up losing the hearing nerve and my surgeons worked hard at saving my facial. My surgery was done at the California Ear Institute at Stanford in 1998. My surgeons were Joseph Roberson and Gary Steinberg.

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50