Author Topic: Date for my Father set  (Read 2712 times)

JennieD

Date for my Father set
« on: April 06, 2012, 07:22:35 pm »
Hey all,

We finally have a date set for surgery for my Dad. He will be having surgery with Dr. Fukushima on May 31st. It has been a long wait due to scheduling between the multiple surgeons. I know that it is definitely a relief for him to have a set date for all of this to happen and begin to move forward, however, it is causing great anxiety with me. Thoughts/prayers would mean the world as my family will be battling the new territory involved with the surgery and recovery process. Again, we don't exactly know what may be in store with any balance issues (or any other potential difficulties) and his pre-existing loss of sight. I have actually begun, and am planning to continue during his surgery/recovery, research to help document the recovery process for anyone else who may be in a similar position down the road.
Anyways- just an update and a place to share my stress and anxiety. Hope everyone has a great Easter weekend!

Suu

• Better out than in.
Re: Date for my Father set
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 04:30:42 am »
Hi Jennie

That's a good idea with sharing with us and any future ANers that come along.  This way we can get another perspective from the family/carer side.

I'm glad you're father has someone with such a caring attitude and will follow your dad's progress as you write it.

All the best and a Happy Easter to you and your family.

Suu xxoo
4cm Left side AN Translab August 18th 2010
Facial nerve not working
Nerve conduction Jan '11 Repeated 23rd May '11
SSD left side
5 ops in 6 weeks to fix CSF leaks
Tarsorrhaphy 9 Mar '11 Extended 26 Aug '13
Sling Thur 16 June '11
12/7 nerve graft 9 Feb '12

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 12:31:34 pm »
Jennie ~

Thanks for the update on your dad's scheduled AN surgery.  Of course he'll be in our prayers (you will, too) and we look forward to your recovery documentation.  Meanwhile, keep him as healthy as possible and try not to allow your anxiety to take control but be determined to see that your dad enjoys a successful surgery and unproblematic recovery.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

JennieD

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 07:34:32 pm »
Thank you both! I will post updates as they come!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 07:53:27 pm »
Hi Jennie .....

Thoughts and prayers for you and your dad as you move forward through this process to remove his AN.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

kraynok2

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 07:47:00 pm »
Jennie,
    It's always a relief to make a decision and then get a date for the treatment.  I'm glad your dad has a date.  It sound like it's been a bit of a hassle.  But that's over now.  Good luck to your dad.  He will be kept in my thoughts and prayers.
Sandy