Author Topic: New symptom..  (Read 2472 times)

HCSTARWIND

• attitude is 90%
New symptom..
« on: April 18, 2008, 03:40:27 pm »
Has anyone experienced trouble with swallowing on one side? The AN side? I have been experiencing numbness of my tongue and palate lately. If I smile I notice a droop in my neck all on the AN side. Seeing my PCP in May for f/u. Next MRI is suppose to be Nov. 08. I'm concerned. No I'm scared. Helen
Dx, AN left IAC, 3x9x2x3mm. Now 5x5mm , Nov. 07. Watch and wait for now.

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
Re: New symptom..
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 05:33:13 pm »
Hi Helen,

I have not had that but I am wishing you well and hope you have answers soon.

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

thornapple

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 07:49:22 pm »
yes....but it turns out to have something to do with reflux disease. I think it also has something to do with very annoyed nerves as well, but treating the reflux ( am using prilosec) seems to help.

Also, I eat stuff that slithers, or eat food with things that help it go down. Meat gets stuck and just sits there, for instance.

It is very scary having this happen. Small bites....liquids...slither it down and try to relax. (yeah, right, not easy)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 08:23:01 am »
Helen:

Your doctor may want to push up the date for your MRI scan, based on your new symptoms. I wouldn't be too frightened quite yet, as there could be other reasons for these new symptoms.  Only a full check-up and a fresh MRI scan will give you that information.

I sincerely hope that this is resolved for you with a positive outcome.  Please stay in touch and let us know. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

HCSTARWIND

• attitude is 90%
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 01:47:28 pm »
Thanks for the response. I went to work this am, only to leave via wheelchair to the emergency room. I thought my head would explode. My left side of my face was numb as well as tongue, palate and swallowing difficult. They did a CT scan and lab work. Ct showed no acute changes. I am having another MRI on Monday and seeing my Dr. soon. Thank you. BTW, my heart rate was 40 beat/min. (Beta blocker ) for b/p I guess way too much. They called it a hypertensive crisis ? etiology.

Trying to lay low today. I hate to miss work! Trying to stay positive about all this but it is discouraging.  Thanks again. Helen

Thanks Thornapple

I never had reflux issues, but that is good to know.
Dx, AN left IAC, 3x9x2x3mm. Now 5x5mm , Nov. 07. Watch and wait for now.