Author Topic: Here's a provocative question  (Read 23855 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Here's a provocative question
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2008, 10:55:50 pm »
I didn't grow up or attend college in Colorado - or Ohio, I don't drink Coors, and I've never worked in a fish hatchery, so I'm sorry to say I don't fit the required AN criteria  :D

However, if there's cash to invest, please let me know as I'm sure I could come up with a few very interesting ways to spend it.

Also, I somehow missed Mark in a skirt (er - kilt).  I must have been on vacation that week.  Guess I'll have to check out that link since everyone said he has great legs  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

LADavid

« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2008, 07:36:32 am »
Yeah.  I wonder why researchers aren't tapping into this thread.  As Lori said, look what we figured out on our own.  Say, are there any researchers?  Or is this too big a business to pass up  >:( (David thinks cynically).  Wait a minute.  I just didn't think that.  I said it.  OK it's out in the open.  Maybe the cellphone and fish hatchery theories are red herrings (so to speak) to keep us from getting at the real cause.  Or maybe I've had too much coffee this morning.

And Nancy, I travelled a lot to Denver and Boulder on business back in the 80's.  It very definitely is beautiful.  Except of course for being stranded at Stapleton in the middle of a snow storm.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

lori67

« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2008, 09:24:20 am »
Jan, you just have to be difficult, don't you?   ;)

David and I are truly onto something here.. or perhaps I've had too much coffee this morning too...Hey... wait... you don't think it could be the coffee... do you?  Geez, I hope not.  I have already gladly given up the Coors since moving out of NJ and I don't think there's enough water in Nashville for fish to hatch...but I don't think I can give up the coffee...   :'(

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2008, 10:11:46 am »
Hey, I was once stranded at Stapleton in a snow storm too!!   :o  Surely that is medically significant...

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

lori67

« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2008, 10:16:29 am »
If being stranded in Colorado during a snowstorm is a cause of AN's - I don't think they'd be considered rare!   :D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2008, 11:30:26 am »
Denver got a new state of the art "all weather" airport about ten years ago.  People have been stranded there for days, but the BRONCOS manage to make it out when they have an away game!!!  Amazing how fast they can clear a runway!  Nancy
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2008, 02:30:48 pm »
I was stranded by a snowstorm in Boston once.  Does that count  ???

And, Lori, not to be difficult again - because you know how I just HATE that role  ;) - but I'm not a coffee drinker and never have been.

Perhaps chocolate is the culprit - in which case I'm guilty as charged  :D

Anyone else was to 'fess up?

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2008, 03:19:49 pm »
I am IN snowstorms all the time - does that count?  I drink WAY too much coffee - but didn't have enough this morning!  I don't, nor do I think, I have EVER had Coors (when I did start drinking beer, it was with Dave & he only drinks Mexican beer - except now we drink Landshark because it is associated w/Jimmy Buffett!!)  I did always fish when I was little (mainly I liked to dig the worms) in New Mexico, but that was for trout - does that count??  Oh yeah, I LOVE chocolate!!!   ::)

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2008, 03:24:41 pm »
Jan, I'm beginning to think you didn't have an AN to begin with.

I think you were just so impressed with all of us on the forum that you wanted to be a part of it.  And we made fun of Steve for his BAHA-envy....   ::)

However, to make you happy, I'd be willing to eat A LOT of chocolate to prove that it doesn't cause AN's.  My gosh, I just give til it hurts....

Lori

Kaybo

« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2008, 03:32:03 pm »
Lori~
If only I could be as giving as you....(sigh...)

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2008, 05:20:30 pm »
Jan, I'm beginning to think you didn't have an AN to begin with.

Lori, I am literally laughing my head off as we speak  :D  You're not going to "out me" to my insurance company are you  ???  Because they paid one hell of a bill  :D

Actually I'm not Jan, I didn't have an AN, nor do I have a BAHA.  Remember when you were Cindy Crawford and I was Christie Brinkley?  Well one of us wasn't kidding and our fellow forumites may never know which one  ;) LOL

So, K, what is Dave's opinion of Land Shark?  I'm not a beer drinker, but I'll buy just about anything in the name of Jimmy.  Is it worth my money?

Jan

Kaybo

« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2008, 05:51:19 pm »
Jan~
We like it - believe it or not, I like beer (I know that most girls don't) but I like it with salt & lime!!  We actually have been buying that instead of Corona lately...

K
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2008, 06:22:48 pm »
Jan, you may have to pay me off to keep quiet!   ;)  I know how hard it must have been to put that fake scar on your head - and the BAHA snap.  The lengths some people will go to....

Oh, and Landshark is good.  Coming from a female beer lover....  It tastes like Corona to me.  And although I am generally opposed to fruit in my beer, it's good.  I prefer the darker stuff.  But, I don't think you'd like it at all, Jan, so save your money and send it to Kay and me instead.   ;D

And once again, we have successfully gone from a provocative question to chocolate and beer.  What would Phyl say about this?   :-[

Lori

Kaybo

« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2008, 06:39:44 pm »
Lori~
We could just drink more beer  and then we wouldn't care what Phyl thinks...who knows, she would probably join us!!  How could anyone resist us???  ;D   ;D

K
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

JulieE

« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2008, 08:52:58 pm »
'tis true...we love you!   ;D
Jules