Author Topic: ANA Discussion Forum NE Brunch time! Maxwell's in Worcester Nov 9 10am  (Read 30327 times)

Kaybo

Re: ANA Discussion Forum NE Brunch time! Maxwell's in Worcester Nov 9 10am
« Reply #120 on: November 08, 2008, 10:01:25 pm »
Katie~
CONGRATULATIONS!!  You have kept this quiet - April is not too far away!!

Y'all don't have too mcuh fun without me tomorrow!   :-\
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2008, 05:10:10 am »

** Feed Bag Mode on! **
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #122 on: November 09, 2008, 06:28:12 am »
I am not going to the meeting in Waltham - too many kid-related activities on the weekends!

Hey, since I'm eating for two (see my updated sig) do I get the extra dumpling for someone who can't make it at the last minute?  Why let them go to waste...   ;D

Katie

OMG!!! I'm going to be an "auntie" again! Mazel Tov and OMG! We have something huge (sorry Katie) to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!

FAB NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you all there!
"Auntie" Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #123 on: November 09, 2008, 03:39:53 pm »
That was a blast! I wish I had more time to talk to everyone. Two hours is not near enough. The food was great as usual!!
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2008, 03:57:17 pm »
My wife and I returned home from the semi-annual AN Discussion Forum NE brunch a few hours ago and we're still full!  As always, it was a pleasure to meet some of the forum members and to put real faces to the names.  Maxwell's is a charming restaurant, the food and camaraderie were a delight and, to use an admittedly trite but efficacious phrase: a good time was had by all.  :D

I know comments from attendees as well as the requisite photos will be forthcoming.  Enjoy!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2008, 03:59:46 pm »
Ah, Paul, you are awake! :)  Wish I could have slept on the drive home! ;)

Well, all... feeling rather bloaty from all the food, but did want to preface with a big apology for such a short timeframe we had the room.  As many know, we usually close the place after 2pm but due to other schedule conflicts for our room for today, I apologize if anyone felt rushed through brunch. Will work it with Bill so we don't run into this again.

As for Gil, my favorite Brazilian nut.... well, if I weren't married and he weren't married... well, then... we'd both be single! :) Once again, he outdid himself for us with some TRULY amazing apple dumplin's! I was able to sneak one out for the bloke and he'll enjoy later.

My goodness, we busted through the walls of the brunch! Standing room only was pretty much the theme... nothing like trying to find a seat! You all rawk and was thrilled that we had such a terrific turnout today!

I FINALLY got to meet the lamsue.... LisaP, you just rawk! Sabre, I am SO cheering you on and you are going to do fabulous this week! soulcleansing and rivergirl, what a truly wonderful honor to meet you both!  Lots of new faces today... as well as many of the brunch vets!

Now, a speshal shout out to my ass't cruise director in crime, jcinma/Jane.... hon, you outdid yourself in bringing *coff* the theme to the brunch! Kudos to you hon and a BIG thank you to you and Andy!  

Now, for the pics.... *ahem*

Ok, KodakGallery/ANA site is not cooperating, so..... follow this link for the piccies.....

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=19pppa69.7m6bso9d&x=0&y=-kse3qn&localeid=en_US

So, thanking EVERYONE that made the rides... that helped make today (albeit short in time) a terrific brunch!  Great job all and truly... thank you all for being there today.

I think I'll go waddle off and rest me belly.  Don't think I have to eat for a week!

Phyl
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 04:09:46 pm by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2008, 04:12:25 pm »
why don't I see the pics????

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2008, 04:16:35 pm »
why don't I see the pics????

K
try the link in my post... little issue trying to post them.. sowwy :(

Link to the piccies!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=19pppa69.7m6bso9d&x=0&y=-kse3qn&localeid=en_US

elliemae

« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2008, 05:06:11 pm »
Hey, all!
Great pictures, great food, great time!  Especially great to meet all the newbies and catch up with everyone.
Marvelous job on the party favors, Jane.  And hugs to our coordinator Phyl ... or would you prefer CHOCOLATE??  And, a special hug to Sabre for good luck on the CK beginning tomorrow!

Now, looking forward to the Spring gathering and meeting Katie's new little pirate!
Elaine

p.s. How come you guys are still stuffed, but I'm suddenly hungry???  Maybe it was that the 10:00 omelet now seems sooooo long ago ...
e

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2008, 05:24:09 pm »
Oh, you're all so beautiful!  I'll definitely be there in April.
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2008, 06:21:14 pm »
Great Pictures! and Great fun today!
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

KMacDonald

« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2008, 06:51:28 pm »
Phyl, Thanks again for doing all of the foot work for the brunch!  Thanks also to Jane for making it so much fun.  So glad to meet you and your husband Andy.  Can't wait for the next one.  What a great way to share experiences.  ...................Kathy

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2008, 09:26:16 pm »
AAARRRRRR All you New England Scallywags and Wenches!!  Pirate Invasion at Maxwells, aye???

Thanks for the call today!!!  Ya know the first coupla brunches, Phyll usta pass the phone around but there are just too dang many of you these days--it's a dang grass roots movement!!! Any way Thanks fer saying "Aye" and scarfin' down a few apple dumplings on my behalf.  One o' these days iI'll hafta make it to that shindig.  I'm really glad you all got to get together and have such a good time.  You have such a great cruise director in Phyll.  Them community organizers do great things, don't they?

Big hugs and smooches,

Capt Deb
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 09:34:53 pm by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

solecleansing

« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2008, 07:11:39 am »
Sure enjoyed the brunch! 

Judy

tsl

« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2008, 01:46:05 pm »
Yesterday's brunch was WONDERFUL.  It was great seeing old friends and meeting new friends.  Thanks to Phyl's camera there is living photographic proof that I can chow down so many desserts.

My best wished to Sabre as she begins her Cyberknife treatments. 
Elaine continued best wishes with your Proton treatments.

Many, many heartfelt thanks to Mary, Jane and Phyl  for your personal words of encouragement.

A BIG THANK YOU to Phyl and Jane for organizing the brunch.

God bless.
Theresa (tsl)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 02:21:46 pm by tsl »
AN diagnosed Dec 2006
Approx. size 9 x 6  x 4 mm
Proton Beam radiosurgery wtih Dr. Jay Loeffler (radiation oncologist) and Dr. Paul Chapman (neurosurgeon) at Mass. General on Nov.2, 2007