Author Topic: Scheduled for surgery - retro sigmoid  (Read 5274 times)

Windsong

Re: Scheduled for surgery - retro sigmoid
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 10:26:09 pm »
Carmen,

sending you all kinds of good wishes for later this month!

i see all sorts of good tips  here already but i'd say it's a great one to have your house cleaned prior as ceecee said...

ideas for fast meals ( whether cooked and then frozen or some other easy mode).... lean cuisine can get boring...

all the best,
Windsong
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 10:31:06 pm by Windsong »

er

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 01:03:51 am »
remind us again @ near the time. and prayers will be said now and than.
Good luck . It will go ok

TP

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 04:08:09 pm »
Carmen, it was last year in mid May that I learned I had an AN tumor. I had two weeks before my surgery and I took a planned vacation to the keys one week and the next week went back to work and got things there taken care of as well as got my living will completed. Going into surgery I felt very peaceful and had total faith in God that everything was going to be ok.

The one thing that I hadn't planned on was someone to be at the hospital with my family. My dear brother and sister in law showed up at 6:00 am and were able to stay with my high school daughter as my husband went in with me for pre op surgery. That gave me great relief knowing someone was with my daughter as I was wheeled into the pre op room. During the day more friends and family showed up and they spent the entire day with my husband. It went longer than anticipated and they helped my husband greatly. 

The best advice I can give is ask people to pray for you, get your rest and listen to your body. If you are tired, stay in bed. Whatever needs to get done will get done at some point. I had some issues and additional surgeries that were difficult but I will say my recovery was great. I was back to work and back exercising within about 3 months. Driving the first time was a little scary but I stayed in the right lane and drove like Miss Daisy!

You are in my prayers!
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision