Author Topic: Other neuromas  (Read 1724 times)

Kilroy1976

Other neuromas
« on: May 12, 2009, 07:42:24 pm »
Hey all, long time no see. Or should I say "yarrrrrr mateys."

I'm doing fine five years after my radiosurgery, and the docs say that the AN shrunk ever so slightly this year. Good news.

My question is... Now I apparently have a neuroma in my foot. Nobody has really identified it, but I suspect it's what's known as a Morton's neuroma. Not a neuroma in the strict tumor sense, such as an AN, but a Neuroma because it's an abnormal growth of scar tissue resulting from a nerve being pinched over and over. The neurosurgeon I saw today says that, if you have an AN,  it's possible that other neuromas will form in other places in the body. I would prefer to think that it's the scar tissue rather than another "tumor," but I was wondering if anyone else has had something like that.

Oh, I'll be down St. Croix way in a few weeks, and I'll take any must-sees that you folks can suggest. Yo ho.
1.8cm AN
Linac
December 13, 2005
Shands Hospital--University of Florida

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Other neuromas
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 08:36:47 pm »
Kilroy -

this thread may interest you http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=9319.0

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways