Author Topic: Doing great  (Read 1712 times)

joonyour

Doing great
« on: June 10, 2013, 03:23:13 pm »
I had my surgery done last Thursday 5/30 at Mount Sinai Hospital in NYC with Dr. Post and Dr. Smouha. 3.3 cm rt AN retrosigmoid. Friday i was able to walk to the bathroom and was discharge Saturday. Everything went well and i had no pain at all. The only issue i had was last Tuesday i had vertigo and felt very tired. Dr. Post geve me valium and it helped. I am still on tapered steroid dosage to prevent brain swelling. No balance issue. I just get tired easily but its normal. Iam almost normal now doing things except for the physical activities i used and missed to do. Running, working out. I wil have my post op visit tomorrow and hopefully he will take the stitches out and i will be able to shower completely. GOD IS GREAT!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Doing great
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 04:13:08 pm »
Joonyour ~

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to learn of your excellent outcome and appreciate that you took the time to share it with us.  Thanks.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

james e

• 72 years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
Re: Doing great
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 09:57:42 am »
Glad to hear it went well. Recover is a slow process, so just enjoy being tired...sleep is an important part of healing.