Author Topic: Post CK (12/1/10) issues  (Read 1726 times)

JLR

Post CK (12/1/10) issues
« on: November 04, 2012, 04:18:38 am »
Hi All, This December will be my 2 year mark since having CK on my right sided AN.  I have noticed in the past several weeks..a recurring numbness on my cheek and hairline (on the right side) and a recurring intermittent headache. Also, at times, seem a bit unsteady on my feet. Certainly not as before. As at that time I was bumping into walls and walking like I had a few drinks.  I am due for my followup MRI next month and appt with doctor.
( I have an MRI every 6 months.) Can these symptoms be from increased necrosis or could the AN be on its way to getting bigger? I would appreciate any feedback.  Thanks again, Joan 

PaulW

Re: Post CK (12/1/10) issues
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 03:15:29 pm »
I had a brilliant run from 19-24 months. I thought it was all done with.
A few days short of my 2 year anniversary, I had virtually no symptoms whatsoever, my hearing had returned to -15db. Versus -10db in my good ear. Anything above -25db is considered normal..
Maybe very slight bobble head doll feeling after waking for 10 minutes, thats it.
Went skiing with the family.. skiing in fog, walking in the dark, balancing on stools with one leg to change lightbulbs, and any other stupid thing that men do in normal everyday life, was no longer a challenge.

Then just short of my 2 year anniversary, I lost hearing over night, -90db, I got mildly dizzy again, and had that all too familiar bobble head doll feeling, I also had slight numbness around my ear, and that plugged feeling.
I took a course of steroids. Over the next 2-3 weeks things improved immensely, and hearing continues to claw its way back.
Hearing was at -25db a few weeks ago, and is continuing to slowly improve.

I had my 2 year MRI a few weeks after all of this started. It showed my AN had shrunk.
No necrosis was visible, but they tell me that contrast changes are not a predictor of a successful treatment or not.

I am at 2 Years 3 months now and things are great again.
Hang in there.

10x5x5mm AN
Sudden Partial hearing loss 5/28/10
Diagnosed 7/4/10
CK 7/27/10
2/21/11 Swelling 13x6x7mm
10/16/11 Hearing returned, balance improved. Feel totally back to normal most days
3/1/12 Sudden Hearing loss, steroids, hearing back.
9/16/13 Life is just like before my AN. ALL Good!

JLR

Re: Post CK (12/1/10) issues
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 04:14:51 pm »
Hi Paul, Thanks so much for the quick response and I am very glad you are now doing so well.  I'll keep you posted on the MRI which I will have the first week of December.  Thanks again, Joan