Author Topic: blood pressure  (Read 13386 times)

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
Re: blood pressure
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2008, 02:04:31 pm »
Lorenzo,
  Great plan to use vino theraputically.  I knew there had to be more good reasons to drink wine.  My favorite, if money were no object, is Chambertin clos de beze.  I used to be able to buy Chambertin futures at 10 dollars a bottle, yes, yes, that was some time ago.  I've been "researching" New Zealand Pinot Noirs, some of these are quite good at a reasonable price.  I have to admit I don't drink Italian wines too often, but I do buy Barolo (by Pio Cesare) to age. Wow, Barolo can be impressive.  Good luck with your "treatments".  ;)
Regards,
  Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Lorenzo

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2008, 02:10:52 pm »
Ah ya, Barolo. Lovely....  Vino Nobile? Brunello? Flaccianello? Tignanello? Sassicaia? Montefalco? Some of the reds from the Franciacorta, and maybe some of the Salice Salentino wines. Also some of the more carefully made Valpolicella Classico, and the really good Chianti Riserva or Rufina. Yum. Or Rubessco from Umbria, the good years I like New Zealand whites, some of them anyway.

I think this is a good excuse for wine drinking! Salute!  :)
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2008, 02:27:32 pm »
*temporarily comes off moderating hiatus*

Um, folks... can we continue the grapely-wine talk to "AN Community"?  I'll join you all there! ;)

*goes back to moderating hiatus*

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lori67

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2008, 02:35:28 pm »
She's baaaaaaccckkkkk!   :D
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Kaybo

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2008, 03:17:17 pm »
Just started reading this - what a fun time I've been missing!  These are my obsevations:

#1  Debbi~
        I think it is STEVE buying the drinks in Chicago, not Jim!

#2  If you are going to have a wine club then I could be in the wine club AND the book club and I wouldn't care if we read non-fiction books!!   ;D

#3  Does anyone else think that it is strange that we hear NOTHING from Phyl until we start to mention ALCOHOL????

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2008, 03:53:23 pm »
Ooops, my bad - Since we don't really know who Jim is, is it any wonder I confused him with Steve???  Hey, I still have Ethel's toes in my head - don't blame me! 

Phyl - sorry, some of us got carried away with the wine talk. 

Kay, yes, let's drink AND read...

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2008, 04:26:09 pm »
Geez, I leave you guys alone for a few hours and look what happens  :o  Now I know how Phyl feels  ::)

K - you are right, it is STEVE who is in charge of buying drinks at the symposium, not Jim.  BTW it looks like Debbi has picked up Jim's "my bad" expression  :D

As for the AN International Wine Company, count me in (burp).

Okay, now who's going to listen to Phyl and move the thread  ???

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2008, 04:53:01 pm »
Jan, probably not you - you tatooed rebel, you!   ;D

And, Kay, that is a very astute (Maytag Jim would be proud) observation about Phyl...   :D  Won't she be disappointed if our "research" proves that wine is a cure for AN's?  Hey, you never know!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Kaybo

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2008, 04:55:58 pm »
Sounds like a good cure to me!   ;D ;D

K *off to pop a cork...*
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2008, 04:57:21 pm »
Lori, I would be delighted to move the thread - I always listen to Phyl and can't even believe you'd imply that I wouldn't   :o  you know how accommodating I can be. 

Now, if I only knew how to move it.  Where's a moderator when you need one?  Maybe we should mention the word "alcohol" again  ;)

Jan

Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2008, 05:20:31 pm »
Don't ask me  - I still can't figure out how to get a picture into a post...

Debbi - officially having my last IV "cocktail"  -- Yippee!!!!!!
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2008, 07:18:30 pm »
*grabs thread.... and a lovely bottle of **Henri Giraud, a lovely Pinot-led Champagne with excellent Prestige Cuvee fermented in Argonne oak, over to the "AN Community" new thread entitled... "ANA Wine Club"*

See you all there!

(**Google or pick up a copy of Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book 2007 for reference :)  Bloke brought us a bottle from the UK... good stuff! :) )
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2008, 10:07:38 pm »
Thanks, Phyl. 

You always seem to be there when we need you.

How do you do that  ???

Jan

Lorenzo

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2008, 01:47:29 am »
Right. So, just to prove the point I started with: my readings have been in the 150s / 100 or so. Last couple of days I had a glass of wine with meals, and hey presto, my BP was down to 129/78. If that doesn't prove the beneficial properties of a good Chianti / Cab Franc / Petite Syrah / plonk, then I don't know what does!

Ok, end of wine talk here. Over to the other thread, as per our invigilator's request. Right she is too. Sorry Phyl.

Ciao, Lorenzo  :)

a little later:  this morning's reading were back to a respectable 143.96; wine works short term.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 03:58:38 am by Lorenzo »
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.