Author Topic: ANA Discussion Forum Apple Dumplin Gang brunch Oct 25, 2009 in Worcester MA  (Read 31709 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: ANA Discussion Forum Apple Dumplin Gang brunch Oct 25, 2009 in Worcester MA
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2009, 07:20:05 pm »
Sounds like a good time was had by all.  It's amazing to me how many people attend these gatherings - very cool  8)

Thanks for the pics, Phyl.
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2009, 08:45:46 pm »
Thanks for a fun day...only regret is that it's so short. So many I didn't get a chance to speak with. You know I have to enjoy these...I missed some very nice surf today.... ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 08:51:41 pm by stoneaxe »
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2009, 10:03:23 pm »
The pictures look great! Were you put in a bigger room this time? I'm sorry I missed out this time. I'll make a valiant effort in April.
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2009, 05:38:18 am »
Hi all,

finally slowing down after a very hectic day for me yesterday... and glad you all are enjoying the pics.

First, I want to thank my co-hort in brunch crime, jcinma/Jane and her hubby Andy for the Halloween fun! :) Balloons, spiders, halloween goodie bags, and for being who they are!  MAJOR thank you!

Well, MANY new faces again along with the brunch vets!  Yes, in the larger room!  More wait staff, more food.  It was great to have colorlady/Donna, current/interim ANA Metro Boston Support Group facilitator at the meeting and tickled she was able to join us. For those interested in reaching her about the Metro Boston Support group, you can PM her here at "colorlady"

Now, I know the apple dumplins didn't arrive yesterday (and I thank my Brazilian Nut, Gil, for the Halloween cupcakes) and he was ducking for cover when no dumplins showed up (feeling was that the headcount was too large for him to dedicate the time and energy from his job to make them for a larger headcount). Please know this... per Gil.... "regardless of headcount for the next brunch, apple dumplins WILL be made for the next brunch.... no matter what!" :)  That's our Gil! 

So, I want to thank everyone that came from near and far (from Maine to CT from NH and all over MA)..... hoping everyone enjoyed and yes, the next one is booked (had to secure the room again) for

SUNDAY, APRIL 18, 2010 AT 12 NOON

Thank you all again for making such a fun time yesterday!

I have to go let find elastic waist stretch pants for work today.  ;D

Phyl

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2009, 07:11:05 am »
Great pictures of everyone !  Joe:  your mouth is so symmetrical,  I'm amazed ! !  Great to see that.   Looks like everyone had a wonderful time
Thank you Phyl for the pictures.
Always good thoughts,  Nancy

thats because its a "closed" mouth smile ... its not to bad then ... its seems the upper portion of my facial mucles are/have recovered nicely... its the lower lip section that still needs some work...  >:(
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2009, 07:25:08 am »
Joe, you look just fine! I have to admit... for the many times that I have had the honor of seeing you face-to-face (even for kayak shopping excursion), I can DEFINATELY see the difference and honestly, its coming along fantastic! Truly! :)

Now, there was someone missing from the brunch yesterday that I have been told I could share a recent update.  Baby Audrey has been in AZ with momma Katie (kbonner) and was unable to attend yesterday. Mom Katie emailed me a piccie to share with you all since they could not join us yesterday. This proud "auntie" can't get over how big she is getting.... and hoping they can join us in April.

Baby Audrey enjoying the October holiday season!

"Auntie" Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

epc1970

« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2009, 10:44:37 am »
Phyl-and Jane-
Thank YOU for putting this brunch together. It was well worth the drive from Maine. It is just so nice to have conversations with others who really understand what all of have gone thru since the day we all recieved the diagnosis  of Acoustic Neuroma. I willl absolutley be there in April!
Erin

yoga52smh

« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2009, 11:00:57 am »
Phyl and Jane and Andy,

Thank you again for putting on such a fantastic get together. The food and decorations were grand, but the people made the day.   It was so nice to see everyone.  So many people, so little time.  Can't wait till April brunch.  Thank you so much Phyl, and Joef, and Jim Scott and all the moderators for all that you do for us and this great bunch of ANers.

Sincerely,
 Sue    :)

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #113 on: October 26, 2009, 11:20:34 am »
Enjoyed the photos, marked calendar for April 18 . . . one year post-op by then.  Definitely be there.
Bob and Phyl, I was on the transatlantic flight for the Pats game.  Would love to see if my nutso son made it on the tellie.  If you see him with his two buddies with body paint T O (heart) M and his Pats towel on like a cape, I'd love to know.  Thanks.
Now trying to take a minute to get photos downloaded so I can share the JB connection.  But the pile of mail keeps tripping me up!
What a gorgeous day!  Still a ton of color up here.  I can't believe it!
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2009, 11:52:26 am »
Joe, you look just fine! I have to admit... for the many times that I have had the honor of seeing you face-to-face (even for kayak shopping excursion), I can DEFINATELY see the difference and honestly, its coming along fantastic! Truly!

its been 4+ years now... nerves heal slower than continental drift...  ;D

Marking the date for the next brunch ...  right in the spring fishing weeks ..  >:(
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2009, 11:56:38 am »
Joe, you look just fine! I have to admit... for the many times that I have had the honor of seeing you face-to-face (even for kayak shopping excursion), I can DEFINATELY see the difference and honestly, its coming along fantastic! Truly!

its been 4+ years now... nerves heal slower than continental drift...  ;D

Marking the date for the next brunch ...  right in the spring fishing weeks ..  >:(

heck, that's faster than my ex-spouse paying my divorce atty fees! ;)

Well, you can't say we didn't give you enough advanced notice!  ;D

Glad all enjoyed!  Official diet starts back today!
Phyl

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2009, 12:37:42 pm »
 Official diet starts back today!
Phyl

You aren’t kidding!!! I think I tried every dessert there!!!  ;D Cheesecake, cupcakes, strawberry shortcake, ice-cream etc... etc.. etc...  ::)

Thanks to Phyl and Jane for such a wonderful brunch and a fabulous time. It was a great turnout and it was so nice to see everyone and meet new friends.

We have pictures we will post a little later in the week.

Scarlett and Rich
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

elliemae

« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2009, 12:41:17 pm »
Add my thanks to the chorus!
The pictures I managed to see are fantastic (even your's TSL!) - and can't wait to see baby Audrey next April!

Have a good winter, everyone!

Elaine

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2009, 01:31:51 pm »
It's really nice you guys get together like you do.  Last I heard we're trying to get together for lunch down here in the Atlanta area some time after Thanksgiving and before the Holidays...I look forward to that...hope we can pull it off.

Take Care All!
  ;)
Doc

PS:  I can still close my Left Eye -- Exciting!
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2009, 03:05:47 pm »
Phyl ~

Thanks again for organizing another great Sunday brunch at Maxwell's with the ANA Northeast Discussion group.  I had the pleasure of meeting a few 'new' folks, i.e. Erin, Laura, Marie, Joseph and his wife, Holly and of course, some of the more familiar faces, including Bob (stoneax), Joe ('Joef) and you, Phyl.  The food was delicious, as always - and the company delightful.  It was over much too soon.  I look forward to April 2010 and the next ANA brunch and I hope to continue my correspondence (via PM and e-mail) with some of the folks I met on Sunday.  Phyl, you are the quintessential hostess.  Well done!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.