Author Topic: Batten down the Hatches! Nemo the Blizzard of 2013  (Read 2885 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Batten down the Hatches! Nemo the Blizzard of 2013
« on: February 08, 2013, 02:30:33 pm »
Hope all you ANers will be enjoying a peaceful weekend as we in the Tristate area batten down for Nemo the terrible.??

Hope it is as puny as its namesake the tiny orange fish!

Hope it is a little whimper compared to super storm Sandy....Please, all kidding aside, be careful some areas are forecast for two or three feet of snow. Careful shoveling and plowing. I plan to spend it warm and toasty by the fire.

Be well all of you, relax and spend time with your families!

Mike ;D
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

mk

Re: Batten down the Hatches! Nemo the Blizzard of 2013
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 02:44:33 pm »

We have already received tons of snow up here, from the same system. It is really bad, with blowing snow, gusty winds and poor visibilities. Schools have closed and everyone has been sent home early.

Good luck to all and happy shoveling.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 04:07:28 pm »
You all stay safe.  I'll be thinking of you while I'm out running around in shorts & flip flops.   ;D

All kidding aside, I'm keeping you all in my prayers that this storm will not be as bad as they are forecasting.

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

Bonnie B.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 12:06:02 pm »
We received three feet of snow with even bigger snow drifts.  The wind was brutal during the night but thankfully, we did NOT lose power.   The only good thing about not having hearing in one ear is that
I could put the bad ear against the pillow and not hear the wind.

1.7 cm AN
diagnosed January, 2012 - no hearing L ear
GK surgery done March 15, 2012 at Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Ct.
Dr. Chiang and Dr. Yu

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 01:24:26 pm »
Two feet + of snow but no loss of power so we're hunkered down and cozy here in northwestern Connecticut, hoping to dig out by Sunday.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.