Author Topic: D Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MRI TODAY  (Read 48319 times)

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Re: D Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MRI TODAY
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2012, 06:48:02 am »
I made it through the MRI fine no issues other than raw throat from the breathing tube and some sore places where they stuffed me in the tunnel LOL.. my ear has gone completely crazy tonight, with high pitched hum/low pitched hum/ and ringing on top.. and when I say LOUD I mean LOUD>>> I guess anesthesia has worn off LOL  I tried to look at the images hehe!  but I can't tell anything because I couldn't figure out how to look at one image alone, they are all too small.  I tried., I do have some brains and funny shaped head though LOL

Ray

Glad the MRI went well with minor problems hoping when you looked at the MRI if there was something there unless really small you would have been able to see it and if nothing was obvious that is a good sign but did you put it on your computer that is what my son did and was clear when you looked at both sides ... Hoping for a clean MRI and a permanent fix for the noise.

Best Wishes
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

crv1200

« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2012, 10:03:29 am »
I tried to look at the pics but they were small and I could not open one image at a time, and tried to copy them as jpeg's to my computer but it would not work either.

Ray

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2012, 11:56:42 am »
Ray:

Twice I had to have the format changed (the image center) because, they put it in the wrong format for Stanford to read.  I had to deal with it myself!  (which really shouldn't be)

The AN looks like a miss-shaped coin or fluffy cotton ball but, unless you can really read scans (I've been trained in dental X-rays) then get your answer from the radiologist (or passed to your ENT) ASAP.

I had to wait a long time before I got my quick phone call from the ENT, (in-between patients) that I have a brain tumor and I'd be set-up with Stanford.  ("Good Bye, click")  It's a good thing I've been through the 23 surgeries I have in a way.  I'm strong!  (however, wearing thin now)

Congratulations Ray for getting the MRI out of the way,

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

crv1200

« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2012, 03:19:21 pm »
Palace I see the ENT next week so he can look at the CD and he will have the report from the radiologist by then.  I think I see something in one image but I can't enlarge it.  I guess it just won't work right on my pc., but I am not going to stress anymore.   I just have to wait.  I just hope we have an answer as to what is going on if not AN , what is it?

Ray

crv1200

« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2012, 10:52:48 pm »
I don't think Thursday will get here soon enough.  I suspect the DR will say did not find anything and I am crazy,, my hearing is going for no reason and there is nothing they can do.  That is my biggest fear.

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2012, 10:09:43 pm »
Thurs. is here......
single sided deafness

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2012, 06:18:37 am »
Thurs. is here......

Prayers and thoughts coming your way...

crv1200

« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2012, 08:35:04 am »
Thanks pjb and Palace yes today is D day!  My appt is at 1:45 EDT today.  I hope he has an answer and a plan of attack. 1st of all NO tumor.   I will post when I get back from my appt.

Ray

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2012, 06:56:12 pm »
Ray:

9:00 PM over there and we hope you got good news.

Palace
single sided deafness

crv1200

MRI Results
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2012, 09:47:31 pm »
OK sorry I haven't posted before now.  I needed some down time.   I do NOT have a AN!  So the DR is convinced it is meniere's Disease which if you know anything about it that's not a good thing either.  It is a chronic progressive disease.  My hearing test today showed a little improvement but by now he has enough proof to say that some of the loss is perm BUT I do have allergies but never had a study done so this is what he says is the next step because Allergies can really make Meniere's Disease much worse.   Unfortunately they did not get the Report from the Radiologist which he really does want to read because he said the eye twitches and numb upper lip does not go along with Meniere's which is a concern.  Just to make sure there is not something else going on.  He was only looking at the ear images.  If there is something else he will send me to a neurologist.  But it is not normal to have these other symptoms.  Also I am a person with high blood pressure and on meds for 8 or so years and when went for the MRI my pressure was 98/64 which is LOW for me and today at the Dr's office it checked the exact same 98/64.   Mine usually is anywhere from 125/80 to even 140/96 but the only other times my pressure has been that low was after surgery in the hospital and they were checking it every hr so I felt safe.   I checked my pressure at 9:30 and it was 111/64.  The Dr today said maybe if it does not come up I should talk to my PCP dr.   We will see..  I just never have low pressure.   so mixed bag of tricks today LOL.. great news of no tumor but I still have a bad disease and something else is a foot.   So more prayers., Thanks everyone for listening.  I guess since I do not have an AN I should maybe leave the site.    Thanks for the welcome

Ray

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Re: MRI Results
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2012, 07:25:33 am »
OK sorry I haven't posted before now.  I needed some down time.   I do NOT have a AN!  So the DR is convinced it is meniere's Disease which if you know anything about it that's not a good thing either.  It is a chronic progressive disease.  My hearing test today showed a little improvement but by now he has enough proof to say that some of the loss is perm BUT I do have allergies but never had a study done so this is what he says is the next step because Allergies can really make Meniere's Disease much worse.   Unfortunately they did not get the Report from the Radiologist which he really does want to read because he said the eye twitches and numb upper lip does not go along with Meniere's which is a concern.  Just to make sure there is not something else going on.  He was only looking at the ear images.  If there is something else he will send me to a neurologist.  But it is not normal to have these other symptoms.  Also I am a person with high blood pressure and on meds for 8 or so years and when went for the MRI my pressure was 98/64 which is LOW for me and today at the Dr's office it checked the exact same 98/64.   Mine usually is anywhere from 125/80 to even 140/96 but the only other times my pressure has been that low was after surgery in the hospital and they were checking it every hr so I felt safe.   I checked my pressure at 9:30 and it was 111/64.  The Dr today said maybe if it does not come up I should talk to my PCP dr.   We will see..  I just never have low pressure.   so mixed bag of tricks today LOL.. great news of no tumor but I still have a bad disease and something else is a foot.   So more prayers., Thanks everyone for listening.  I guess since I do not have an AN I should maybe leave the site.    Thanks for the welcome

Ray

So happy you do not have an AN but my friend has Meniere's Disease and it can be controlled so that is good you have to avoid salt that is the biggest problem and makes a huge difference also medication for dizziness helps. So you are very lucky this is not at all that bad of a disease...Good luck and so happy for you.

Best Wishes,

crv1200

« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2012, 11:47:22 am »
Thanks and I am trying to cut back on my salt which I haven't used regular salt in 30 yrs but I am trying to get back on the Lite Salt I do use.  Also he thinks the hearing loss most of it is perm by now, but I am at a stand still with the same symptoms and hearing loss waiting to get a allergy test to see what I am allergic to because that may be making it worse but I don't have insurance and they want the money upfront so the Scheduler at the Dr's office is trying to find help so we wait and nothing has changed.   My case has never been even close to typical for Meniere's normally people have an attack for a few days to a week, mine has been 6 months now and progressive so they I don't think know what to do with me LOL

Ry

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2012, 07:55:35 pm »
"Also he thinks the hearing loss most of it is perm by now, but I am at a stand still with the same symptoms and hearing loss waiting to get a allergy test to see what I am allergic to because that may be making it worse but I don't have insurance and they want the money upfront so the Scheduler at the Dr's office is trying to find help so we wait and nothing has changed."

Dude,

That's got to be the best run-on sentence I've seen in years! ;-)
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

crv1200

« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2012, 09:52:44 pm »
Crazycat I am just a country hick what do you expect? LOL

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2012, 10:41:24 pm »
No problem, just ribbing you.

What's important is that you don't have to deal with surgery or radiation. Congrats on the A.N. free diagnosis! I don't know enough about Meniere's to say anything other than I hope it can be contained or controlled.
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.