Author Topic: Joebloggs Update  (Read 37267 times)

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Joebloggs Update
« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2009, 09:05:05 pm »
Hehe..that's about how far I am Ernie.... ;D...of course as my wife pointed out to me yesterday...I did 3 hours of driving to get 2 hours of good surf... ::)

I still can't see your pics JB...photobucket ate them... >:(. I wan't to see the sheep... ;)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 09:06:46 pm by stoneaxe »
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

stoneaxe

• Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2009, 08:52:48 pm »
Pics are working now...Very cool....the sheep ARE cute.. ;D

Looks like a beautiful stretch of beach to enjoy JB. Be safe.
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.

joebloggs

« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2009, 01:40:19 am »
Glad you like the sheep!  They rock! 

Funny you should say be safe - I gave my parents the shock of their life yesterday - went paddling about 4pm was gorgeous out - thought mmm, I'll head over to the boat ramp - at least 1/2 hour paddling away.... little did I know they couldn't see me from the balcony and thought I'd drowned or a shark had got me!!!  I paddled back and about half way home it was starting to get dark and I got the fear!  I was paddling like crazy to get back before I was out on the water in the pitch black!  Luckily I got back just as the sun went behind the mountains but I was greeted by a not too impressed dad!  Ooops!  He took great pleasure in telling me the sharks come in to feed when it's dark... well you know what, that's information I could have used before i went out!  Anyway all was well - I saw lots of fish jumping, I hope because of the approach of me on my board, not the approach of a great white pointer! 

Anyway, have put a vid up of my first paddle after the op (last week) on the Acoustic neuroma group page on facebook - here's the link!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=185147495292&oid=8190517727

Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

Keri

« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2009, 08:01:04 am »
Hi JB,
Loved the video and the song. I didn't know there was a FB group. How many from here are on there?  Loved the sheep too - how cute!
Glad that you are making so much progress.
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

joebloggs

« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2009, 08:29:38 am »
There's definitely a few of us on there Keri.  Glad you liked the vid - I'm currently editing a vid of my recovery which I'll chuck on there too.  The six vids that are on there that TJ made really helped me before the surgery and made me realise that it wouldn't be that bad just afterwards so I wanted to record my progress too.  So far so good - I've edited up to about day six post op - had to add a few subtitles because my voice was so little after surgery!  Back to normal now!  Stay tuned for the next episode!!!
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2009, 09:26:29 am »
JB,

That was wicked awesome!
If I could swim :-[, I might be tempted to try it myself seeing how I have my own lake across the street! :D

Glad you are doing so well.

Scarlett
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2009, 09:29:36 am »
Cool video, JB.  How do you do that cellulose slide thing?  And the underwater stuff at the end?  Love the waterfowl making their appearances on cue.  I'll have to take some editing classes.  Nice song, too.
When do you head out for the UK?
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

stoneaxe

• Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2009, 12:11:48 am »
Great vid. Give her hell Dad!

I scared Sue last year by getting caught out about 3 miles when the wind came up offshore. Long paddle in against stiff winds. She gave me an earfull when i called to let her know i was off the water...well after dark.

The sharks do tend to come out to feed at night but so far I have yet to hear of a single attack on a standup board. I think we look too much like a boat for their taste. I've been out for moonlight paddles. Beautiful on a calm windless night.

joebloggs

« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2009, 12:24:47 am »
Glad you all like it!  Nancy - I did it all in iMovie on my Mac - it's only the third one I've done, I'm really new at it but luckily the software does most of the work and is pretty idiot proof!

It was so lovely out Bob - the water was dead calm when I was paddling back in apart from the occasional jumping fish - gorgeous.  Am paying for it now - think I overextended myself going out for so long, bit tired still!  Ah well, will get back out tomorrow and have another go!

wendysig

« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2009, 08:42:44 am »
JB -

Great pictures -- I love the litte sheep you knitted!  You and Steve should definitely go into business.  For some reason I couldn't get the video to play, maybe Facebook is having a problem right not, so I'll look again later.  You are just amazing paddleboarding so soon after surgery.  I'm happy when I can walk in a somewhat straight line! ;D

Wishing you continued good healing,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

joebloggs

« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2009, 01:39:22 am »
Hi all,

Sorry for the silence of late, just getting on with things and not on the computer as much as I have been.  All going well here - off tomorrow for the two hour drive to the physio for my second session which should be good!  Balance is almost fixed I'd say - it's getting better all the time.  Friday I have my post surgery MRI in Melbourne and Monday I have to see the neuro for my (hopefully) last check up before I can head back to the UK.  Cross fingers for that one! Hair is growing back and is probably about 2-3 cm now which is good... still a long way to go though!

All is well!!

JB xx

stoneaxe

• Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2009, 11:38:35 pm »
Great to hear JB. How close to the coast and whereabouts in the UK. Believe it or not I have standup connections over there too.... ;D. We actually have someone coming over for the Cape Cod Bay Challenge from the UK.

joebloggs

« Reply #162 on: June 15, 2009, 02:41:34 am »
Close-ish to the coast (I consider anywhere in the UK to be close-ish to the coast as it's a lot smaller than Australia!), probably an hour or so to the Norfolk coast, but I'm in Cambridge.  Apparently my friend saw someone paddleboarding down the Cam (river running through Cambridge) yesterday!  Good to know there's people there doing it!!

I'd definitely believe it - you've got standup connections everywhere! 

All good today at the physio - she said I'm doing great and gave me a whole heap more fabulous exercises - and I bought a balance wobble cushion to practice on.  Then I had to go to the dentist for a check up - good news, my teeth are perfect - bad news, my wisdom teeth are completely impacted and I need an operation asap to get them out! AAAaaaaaaaarrrrghgghghgh!  Not happy!  I'm over operations.  If only I knew before my AN op when half my face was numb!  Perhaps I could have had the op at the same time!  Even better!  Ah well... can't be helped!  I'm sure though it'll probably be far worse than my AN op - I'm sure of it in fact!!

wendysig

« Reply #163 on: June 15, 2009, 05:18:40 am »
Jo,
Glad to hear you are doing so well.  I can't imagine standing on a paddleboard but applaud you that you can.  You're having an amazing recovery -- sorry to hear about your wisdom teeth though.  I hope it's not as bad as you fear.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Kaybo

« Reply #164 on: June 15, 2009, 07:03:05 am »
JB~

Glad things are going well for you - sorry about the teeth!  That stinks!

K ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!