Author Topic: 1year anniversary or "new birthday"  (Read 2600 times)

alabamajane

1year anniversary or "new birthday"
« on: October 27, 2012, 06:21:32 am »
Morning fellow ANers,  (and happy second anniv. To Bob-- chances3 too)

One year ago today at this time I was prepping for an 11 hr surgery,,,translab which took about 6 hrs longer than expected,,,it has definitely been THE hardest year of my life,, but progress is being made,,so hang in there new posties.....

I hope all of you in recovery good things, you just have to take it slowly and not try to rush things,,,it does get better,, I am better than a year ago but far from "whole" emotionally and physically ,,

If you are newly diagnosed ,, take your time and research options and prepare yourself as best you can,,, gotta go and start this new day,,,,,,,,see what lies ahead,, best wishes to all Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 1year anniversary or "new birthday"
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 02:08:02 pm »
Jane ~

Happy (one year AN surgery) anniversary!  I'm glad to learn that things have improved for you after the early recovery struggles you endured.  I'm sure you'll soon be 'whole' because, when it comes to AN surgery healing, time is definitely on our side. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

alabamajane

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 04:29:36 pm »
Thanks Jim,,

I am sure you are right,,, it is just hard some times to remember that,,

You have been and continue to be an inspiration and a constant for many of us on this forum and it is much appreciated.. So glad I have found the forum,
Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

millie

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 04:41:31 pm »
Thank you, Jane for your help and inspiration. Thank God for the forum. Praying for us all tonight.  Mil

It is what it is

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 09:11:42 pm »
Happy anniversary on your new birthday.  :)

karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.