Author Topic: MRI Results  (Read 7311 times)

Sheryl

Re: MRI Results
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2009, 06:18:20 pm »
Lisa - How wonderful!!  Sorry we couldn't make the brunch today but at least the weather cleared up and was a beautiful fall New England day.

I am going on 8 years W&W with a 9th cranial nerve tumor (as opposed to the 8th - acoustic).  It was great reading what you found out at the symposium.  In the 8 years, my tumor has only grown 3 mm and that's debatable between machines, technicians, and when read by a "neuroradiologist" I was told the first one was actually a tad larger than the original reading.  Unfortunately my husband has been battling a meningioma (another benign brain tumor) that continues to regrow after two surgeries and one treatment with CK. 

Hope your W&W is a long time.
Sheryl
"Snowbird Waiting To Fly South For The Winter"
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

Jackie

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 07:34:37 pm »
Hello Lisa,

May I also congratulate you on your great news of "no growth" results of your MRI!! Loving the company!!! May we continue that route forever!!!!!
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

LisaP

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 05:23:16 am »
Hi All,

Phyl,  Yes I will have another MRI next October of 2010 and if I have no growth, I can go two years.  I plan on keeping my fingers crossed for a whole year.

Kimbo,

Wow, great to hear from someone in Australia?  Best of luck to you too and your journey.

LisaP ::)
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W