Author Topic: MRI Results  (Read 7312 times)

LisaP

MRI Results
« on: October 22, 2009, 08:34:31 am »
Hi,

I had another MRI in Boston on Wed, October 21st.  It showed "no growth", which was good news.  I continue to see Dr. McKenna, he stated that since I got dx in March of 08, it was very good news that I have had no growth in this year and a half.

I continue to W&W for at least another year!!

Thanks again for this wonderful forum!!

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: MRI Results
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 08:45:57 am »
LisaP .....

Yeah!  "No growth" is what we like to hear!!!  Congratulations.

Keep posting to let us know how you are doing.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 08:51:00 am »
Lisa

Me thinks its a great reason to celebrate at the brunch this Sunday (since we can't celebrate the BoSox... I know, I know...  :'(  :'( )

Congrats on the terrific news! Will personally deliver continued wellness hugglez when I see you! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Mickey

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 09:40:44 am »
Great news Lisa!  May every year show no growth.  Feel good, Mickey

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 04:06:42 pm »
Lisa ~

Congratulations on the 'no-growth' MRI report!  We share your elation and hope that this is the first of many such MRI scan reports to come.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Keeping Up

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 08:12:00 pm »
Great news Lisa

I am soon approaching the 12 month mark so am hoping I will report the same thing at that MRI (which isnt until late January), and again and again for several more years.

I am riding on the research by my ENT (surgeon types) that suggests that 70% can make 10 years (with the smaller tumors of course).  The research also shows most patients 'fail' the no growth within 3 years.  YOu are getting closer to that magical 3 year mark every week.

Congrats, hope I follow in your footsteps.

Ann
dx Dec/08 - 5mm x 8mm AN
'watch and wait'

LisaP

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 05:23:59 am »
Thanks everyone for your support,

And thank you to Ativan and of course I again was able to bring in my brother's picture in with me.

Pearl, see you this Sunday with a great big hug and for passing this MRI, my husband promised to take me to Baltimore next Summer to see those Bosox!!

Again Dr. McKenna said that it was great news that since my dx a year and a half ago that it has shown no growth!!

LisaP ;D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 05:25:46 am by LisaP »
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

Kaybo

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 07:40:08 am »
Great news, Lisa - so happy for you!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

sharonov

• 1.7 X 1.3 X 1.1. Retro sigmoid at House, Schwartz
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 09:10:13 am »
I've had no growth since my dx in 2004 so when I was at the symposium I asked the panel if some people never have to have surgery at all.  They all said a resounding "yes."  So I am very hopeful for you, me and all of us in W & W mode.
Sharon

mk

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 11:21:07 am »

Congratulations Lisa. You must be so relieved. This is a great encouragement for the W&W brigade.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

kimbo

• We do not remember days....we remember moments.
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 02:38:51 pm »
Lisa

This is great news Lisa and very encouraging for anybody who has chosen the Wait & Watch treatment.  I am going to my first ANAA (Acoustic Neuroma Association of Australasia Inc) meeting today a 2 hour drive away from my home town.  The ANAA holds regular meetings in Melbourne Australia, which is a good 6-8 hours drive away for most New South Wales members.  We were contacted by the President and she asked if we would be interested in attending a meeting if it was closer to our area; she had a great response.  So I am off today to have lunch, do some networking with fellow AN sufferers and hoping to ask lots of questions.

Kimbo  :)

Diagn 8/8/08 AN right 13mm x 9mm
mod/severe hearing loss & tinnitus
Translab surgery 05/17/2011
SSD & CSF leak x 4
Aussie

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 02:47:18 pm »
kimbo, I thought our very dear Larry/Laz was from the Melbourne area and if he's at the ANAA mtg, please give him a huggle for me. :)  Have a great time at the meeting. Phyl

Lisa, we'll celebrate your continued W/W at the brunch this weekend! :)  we like good news! :) (but won't discuss the BoSox).

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

kimbo

• We do not remember days....we remember moments.
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 03:01:32 pm »
Phyl

Yes Larry is coming today with his wife and I am looking forward to meeting him; I will give him a huggle for you.  Larry lives in Sydney and only a 2 hour drive for him also.  Now back to Lisa P's thread - take care.

Kimbo
Diagn 8/8/08 AN right 13mm x 9mm
mod/severe hearing loss & tinnitus
Translab surgery 05/17/2011
SSD & CSF leak x 4
Aussie

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 08:49:36 pm »
Phyl

Yes Larry is coming today with his wife and I am looking forward to meeting him; I will give him a huggle for you.  Larry lives in Sydney and only a 2 hour drive for him also.  Now back to Lisa P's thread - take care.

Kimbo

thanks Kimbo for hand-delivering my huggle to a very special man. :)

Lisa, did the docs say when the next MRI is? Another year?  CYA Sunday! :)
Phyl

Vivian B.

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2009, 02:19:24 pm »
Hi Lisa,

That's great news. Keep it up!

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.