Author Topic: Resullts in on yearly MRI  (Read 7744 times)

Mickey

Resullts in on yearly MRI
« on: August 18, 2009, 05:33:15 pm »
"Stable" ie no change in size of tumor! Also my hearing in AN ear reads the same if not a tiny bit better with word discrimination. (2yrs. now) Whew, See ya next year! Anyhow I feel a little better about mentioning what I and my wife have done to try and at least stay W+W.  After comunicating with Dereck here W+W and incorporating a few of his lifestyle ideas I came up with some of my own. First was a big change in eating habits along with many supplements. Changed coffee to very moderate and used Green Tea every day along with many other good herbal teas. Also alcohol in very moderation. We take a special male/female multi vitimin, extra gram of vitimin C, omega369, fennel seed, lutien, glucosimine condroiten MSM combo, resveratrol, extra folic acid, shark cartilidge, bee pollin complex, bee propolis ,probotic acidophilus, Phosphatidylserine, Ginko Biloba, red rice yeast for high colesteriol, saw palmetto for prostrate, sea kelp for thyroid. The different foods incorporated in my diet was more fish (salmon) spinich, blueberrys, strawberrys, honey, just to mention a few along with as much other nutrishous food as possible. Very moderate on junk food. Exercise program is a must along with cardiovascular workout. Most of all a strong belief in what you believe in! Yes, that higher power of love and goodness.  I do believe this combonation of things is really helping my wife and myself. We feel pretty good since. Hoping it will help others. Best wishes, Mickey

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Resullts in on yearly MRI
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 06:45:27 pm »
Absolutely fantastic news, Mickey! 

Congratulations!  ;D  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jackie

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 11:11:04 pm »
Hey Mickey,

Congratulations to my fellow W and W'er, with the great news of being stable again!!! Good for you! So now we see what happens next year! Hopefully the same great news! Interesting all the supplements and vitamins you take. I take a few, but B-12 complex for the ole brain. Continued blessings to you,
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 06:02:16 am »
YAY Mickey! No change works for me and congrats on the "stable" news!  Lifestyle changes are certainly terrific and tickled to hear that things are going well (would have a difficult time with the coffee change but I hear you on that one....)

congrats on this news!  Continued wellness wishes your way! You know it! :)

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Vivian B.

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 11:07:59 am »
Hi Mickey

Congratulations! This is great news. Thanks for sharing all your advice.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 02:36:53 pm »
Mickey ~

Congratulations on an 'unchanged/stable' MRI report!  That's quite a list of foods and supplements but I'm very pleased to learn that they seem to be working for you.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 04:03:51 pm »
CONGRATS!!  ALways good news to hear good stuff on an annual MRI...go celebrate.
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

sgerrard

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 09:58:32 pm »
Excellent, Mickey. Keep it up for year #3!

The double scoop of supplements sounds like too much for me, but I like the salmon, blueberries, and no junk food part. Plus lots of beans for the fiber. :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Mickey

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 07:51:07 am »
Thanyou! Looks like I`m going to be around for a while. I`m sure looking fowards to seeing you all at the big get together next year, or with a little luck at ANANJ, or one of our NY lunchens. To a great group, thanks again, Mickey

wendysig

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 08:53:18 am »
Hi Mickey,

In this case, nothing new is great news!  It sounds like the changes in your eating habits can opnly make you feel better too.  Congratulations!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

nteeman

• Back to Mono
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 05:26:19 pm »
Mickey,

Glad to read your good news.  Your regimen seems to be working so keep it up!

Neal
Diagnosed 12/16/2008
AN 2.4 X 2.0 X 1.6 CM
surgery performed on 1/27/2009 Mt. Sinai Hospital, NYC
Dr.Bederson & Dr. Smouha
9:30am thru 5:50pm
http://www.facebook.com/neal.teeman

suboo73

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 06:15:18 am »
CONGRATS, Mickey!   ;D

Continued wellness in the W & W mode!

Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

Derek

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 12:28:48 pm »
Hi there Mickey...

Been away in the English Lake District for the last few weeks without the internet and just doing a 'catch up'... great news Mickey...I am so pleased for you and your missus. Your diet etc is very much in accord with mine albeit I have not as yet taken any supplements but I will certainly give that aspect every consideration.

Thankfully there has been absolutely no change in my symptoms etc to date and my next MRI is due in March. If my results indicate no change then I will be into my 9th year since diagnosis.

My ultimate goal is to celebrate my 100th birthday in 'watch & wait' !!

Best Regards

Derek   
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

jerseyboy

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 01:47:21 pm »
Mickey,
That's great news!  What a diet - I could do most but the limited alcohol part.  You mentioned ANANJ!  I'm hearing an October 11 meeting, but haven't seen it confirmed yet.  See you there. 
Jeff 
Watch and wait since May 2009.

Tumbleweed

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 02:41:34 am »
Hi, Mickey:

I've taken a number of the supplements you're taking, but not all. What is Phosphatidylserine supposed to do? Also, I'm familiar with fennel seed's use as a carminative and digestive aid and lutein for preserving eyesight, but has your research uncovered uses for these supplements specifically for tumors? Or are you just taking them for general health improvement?

I firmly believe that salmon and any green leafy vegies (e.g., spinach) reduce my symptoms, so we're on the same page there.

Best wishes,
TW
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08