Author Topic: Prayers needed  (Read 10733 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Prayers needed
« on: September 26, 2008, 11:53:31 am »
I know this is totally off topic, but I just found out this morning that Kelly, a very good friend of my daughter had brain surgery for a "huge" tumor yesterday.  She's currently in a coma and her family is awaiting the results of her biopsy.  It is my understanding that her doctors weren't able to remove the entire tumor and she's pretty much touch & go  :'(  Kelly is only 12 1/2 years old.

I am just blown away by the sadness of this situation and I can't fathom what her family must be going through.  One evening Kelly was practicing at her Irish Dance class, the next she fainted and couldn't remember anything when she was revived.  She also lost her speech and had a difficult time staying awake. 

This is the second tragedy my daughter (and my son) and their classmates have had to endure.  Two years ago another little girl, who was also a very close friend of my daughter's, was killed in a car accident along with her grandmother.  Another classmate was seriously injured in the same accident.

I don't know God's plan for Kelly and her family, but I'd like to ask all of you to keep Kelly, her younger sister Tiffany, and her parents Ken & Mary in your hearts and prayers.

Many thanks,

Jan   

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Prayers needed
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 12:00:06 pm »
Jan,

Unfortunately, I do understand Kelly's plight as my sister was 13 with almost the same situation.... I send enormous healing huggles... extreme healing prayers for wellness.... and regardless of what God decides..... God is watching over her.

Please keep us updated... give your daughter a hug for me too.

I'm so sorry to hear this news.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 12:10:26 pm »
Jan~
It just breaks my heart to her this - for her & her family and yours too.  I just can't think of much that would tear me up than having to watch one of my girls endure that, but also to see YOUR child upset about it.  You are all definitely in my prayers.

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 12:19:20 pm »
Jan
My prayers are with Kelly & her family. I do hope for a happy outcome....
Please keep us posted.

thanks
Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 01:48:41 pm »
Jan:

Thanks for your concern and your prayer request.  I'm pleased to respond to it. 

I can empathize with the little girl's family and friends because my brother-in-law (my sister's husband) died from a brain tumor a few years ago.  He was in his early 50's.  Although he had treatment at the best facilities available (Johns Hopkins), he slowly lost his ability to talk, his ability to move and eventually, passed away, at home, under his wife's care, as he had wished.  She was devastated, of course, but she soldiers on.  Fortunately, my brother-in-law left my sister financially secure and able to continue the domestic and foreign travel they enjoyed for years.  However, his brain tumor and subsequent death were a shock to the family.   

I will definitely include your daughter's friend, Kelly, in my prayers.  I truly believe that God does have a plan for every life and I hope that this young girl is allowed to live a full and productive life but if not, I know she'll be in the hands of a just and merciful God.   

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

LADavid

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 02:21:07 pm »
As a parent, I can only imagine what they are going through.  Kelly has my prayers.  Please keep us updated, Jan.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

NL

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 02:38:00 pm »
Jan,

Sending healing thoughts and prayers to Kelly, her little sister Tiffany, and their parents.

Nancy
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

Mickey

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 02:54:30 pm »
My prayers are with you and yours! Sincerly, Mickey

lacey7

• Prayer means everything to me.
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 05:48:07 pm »
Jan,
I will be praying for Kelly and her family.  It's so sad to hear what she is going thru.  I'm also keeping your daughter in my prayers.
She has experienced alot of tragedy in her life, with what her friends have gone thru. 
I hope Kelly pulls thru this, for the sake of her family, and your daughter.
Please keep us informed.
Lacey
Diagnosed 4/15/08.
AN - 1.4 cm.  Translab surgery 6-26-08.  SPF leak 7-5-08, and went back into surgery 7 -6-08.
SSD left side, after surgery
Dr. LaRoure - Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI.

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 07:29:44 pm »
My prayers are with Kelly and her family and friends.  Most of us would walk on coals to avoid having anything happen to a child!

Mags
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

cindyj

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 08:06:29 pm »
Oh, Jan, how truly unimaginable - makes me realize (again) that I really don't have any problems to complain about. 

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Zoe

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 08:17:42 pm »
Dear Jan,

Allow me to add my prayers and good wishes for Kelly and her family and your daughter, too.  Sounds like it was a very sudden awareness that she had a tumor. 

I always am sympathetic especially when I hear cases like this because of my brother.  He died of a brain tumor at the age of 55.  Went to the dr on July 7 and died on Aug 7.   He has 10 adult children and tons of grandkids to miss him, as well as all his wife and siblings.

May she receive the strength and courage to face whatever the future will hold. 

My prayers,
Zoe 
Diagnosed 7/28/08 with 1.7 cm X .6 cm AN in left ear
Some hearing loss
Researching and praying to find a good doctor in northeast OH asap

Tamara

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 07:35:01 am »
I often think that we ANers are a LUCKY lot, really.  Kids have a way of rebounding from things that would do in an adult (several come to mind), so maybe her age will be an asset.  Will keep the family in my thoughts and prayers...

Tam
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 11:19:32 am »
Hi Jan,
Thoughts and prayers coming your way for Kelly and family.  Please keep us updated.
Marci

3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Sammict

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 11:14:35 am »
Hi Jan

My thoughts and prayers go aout for Kelly and her family. Please keep us posted on her condition.

Sam