General Category > AN Issues

Headache post MRI with Contrast?

<< < (2/3) > >>

sunfish:
I've thought several times that the MRIs increased my tinnitus.  I'm allergic to CT contrast (totally different from MRI contrast).  They do blood work to ensure my kidneys are working OK, prior to each and every MRI.  If you have issues with your kidneys, you should be sure the doctors and technicians know.  Apparently, this includes high blood pressure (which can be a sign of kidney problems) and diabetes, because they always ask me about this.

Not sure I've ever heard of folks having problems, other than those mentioned above.  Because of my CT sensitivity, they've talked with me lots about the gadolinium, and it seems to be a much safer agent for most folks.

CHD63:
Susan .....

So sorry you had this reaction after your MRI.

I have always developed an awful headache during an MRI (even ones without contrast ...... done for other reasons) but I always felt it was from the loud banging and lying flat on my back for an extended period of time ..... but never to the extreme you are describing.  It is entirely possible you reacted to the Gadolinium and I would certainly mention it to your doctor before you go for another one.

Clarice

Jim Scott:
Susan ~

I'm sorry to learn that you developed a bad headache following your MRI scan.  It's pretty obvious there is a connection.  I strongly suspect the gadolinium dye is the culprit but the noise could also be a factor - or it could be a coincidence...but I doubt that.  Like Jan, I've never had this experience following an MRI scan, and I had 5 - with contrast dye - the year of my surgery & radiation (2006).  Clarice's advice is sound; consult your doctor about this headache before your next MRI.  You may have to forgo the gadolinium dye.

Jim

Brendalu:
I am sor sorry you experienced this reaction.  I did too amd my GP said that it sounded like an allergic reaction to the dye.  The next ne was done with something else and I was okay.  If my ENT told me it couldn't have been the dye I would be finding another ENT.
I hope everything is getting better for you.
Brenda

Mickey:
Hi Susan, My most recent MRI done with contrast didn`t seem to agree with me. I had a slight headace with body pains that lasted for over a month. Who knows for sure? I drank alot of water and eventually symptoms subsided. I`m honestly thinking of taking my next one without the dye. Thats the way they originally spotted my AN. HUM.... Best wishes, Mickey

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version