General Category > AN Issues

Headache post MRI with Contrast?

(1/3) > >>

skamper:
Hello everyone,
I know I was just on here yesterday and was very excited about my MRI results. All was good, the down side to it, a horrific headache last night till now.  
Has anyone ever gotten headaches after their MRI scans with contrast?  I was feeling okay afterwards, 10:00 MRI, about 3:00 started feeling like I was getting sick. Eyes felt itchy, tired feeling, throat started to hurt and I started coughing. Came home at 4:00 and crashed until 6:00. Went to bed with a bad headache which proceeded to only get worse over night.  I missed a day of work, in bed with an icepack. My family thinks it may be from the MRI or contrast dye. My husband thinks I had one the last MRI I had, I can't really remember.
Just wondered if anyone else has ever had this happen?  I choose never to be in that much pain again, it brought me to tears this afternoon. I'm doing a little better, still sore, but barable.
Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions, at least my next one is a year away  ;)
Susan

Gotcha Day--January 24th  ;D

Larry:
I'd say that getting a headache from an MRi would be unusual. They are rather noisy things  so the sound of the magnet could i suppose cause a headache. as for the contrast - dunno - thats a curly one. Can't say i've ever seen a post on that one.

Laz

TJ:
skamper

When I had my last MRI they made me sign a release form that stated the dye can give you headaches along with a few other symptoms..  Hope this helps

TJ

kdoinCA:
After I had an MRI in November 2010 (when my AN was discovered), immediately upon standing I felt extremely dizzy and nauseous.  I mentioned it to the Tech and asked if this was normal, he mumbled something I couldn’t hear or decipher, so I left and drove back to work.  By the time I got to work, I really felt awful and my head was pounding so I placed a call to the ENT Dept.  I relayed how I felt and again asked if this was normal after having an MRI.  I was told that there is nothing about an MRI that would cause my symptoms, not even the gadolinium contrast and that I was probably coming down with the flu as it was going around.  I relayed that I was feeling fine before the MRI and I didn’t think it was the flu.   Well, I only lasted about another hour at work and ended up going home to bed and still felt lousy the next day.   I didn’t agree with the doctor’s opinion then, and I definitely don’t now knowing that someone else has had a similar experience.  I believe it’s possible that some of us our sensitive to the gadolinium. 

~Kathy

leapyrtwins:
I've never had this happen and I've had several post op MRIs with gadolinium contrast.

Hope you're feeling better.

Jan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version