General Category > AN Issues

Headache post MRI with Contrast?

<< < (3/3)

molliechernugel:
I too had a MRI with contrast on Saturday morning and have had a terrible headache every since so I think it is from the contrast dye

Echo:
I had bad headaches and nausea after my first two MRI's for roughly 8 hours and then felt fine.  One MRI was with contrast one was without.  I asked several Dr.s, and technicians about this and no one could explain it until I spoke to one nurse.  She asked me where my hands and arms were during the MRI.  I told her I liked to keep one hand crossed over the other while they rested on my stomach.  She suggested the energy field may be "arching" and to try keeping my hands at my sides during the next MRI and see what happened.   I followed her advice for the next two MRI's and never had a headache or nausea.  Not sure if that's the answer for others, but it worked for me.

Cathie.

Echidna:
I had a MRI of my shoulder 5 days ago and experienced focal pain in my right temple area whenever the MRI started. I never experience headaches even after drinking too much. It was only while the noise was happening, and quickly resolved after the MRI stopped.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version