Author Topic: Undiagnosed and bewildered  (Read 7201 times)

sgerrard

Re: Undiagnosed and bewildered
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 09:41:45 am »
Tell the ENT you went to the library. I'm pretty sure they have something there on gadolinium enhanced MRIs.  ;)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Kaybo

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 10:00:18 am »
...or just tell him you ran into a friend who had a friend who had a friend with an AN & that friend ALWAYS STRESSED to get an MRI W/CONTRAST!!   ;)

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 12:03:30 pm »
Hello Richard,

Do you have access to your MRI's?  I just posted an image that shows a 1.3cm AN with contrast and without.   It might give you an idea what to look for in your images.  Here's the link:  http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=8840.0

They do show up better with contrast, but can be found without too.

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

JeWeL41

• Science teacher, married mum of 3, happy,bit deaf!
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 05:28:18 pm »
Hi Richard, I've been undiagnosed for 2 1/2 years now. Prof Ramsden thought Menieres, consultants in Dorset disagree! You must have a scan with contrast. Menieres does not mean an instant driving ban, your consultant just writes to the DVLA to say that you are safe to drive. I still have all the symptoms of Menieres and AN and finally I have an NHS consultant who, while he admits he has no idea what is wrong, wants to see me every 3 months so at least I no longer feel forgotten! Good Luck
Sudden hearing loss Nov 2006 (left), tinnitus, fullness,imbalance, left side headaches and strange sensation on that side of face - but not AN!
Diagnosis - SSHL. Bouts of spinning vertigo now!
Saw Prof Ramsden (April 08) and it may be Atypical Menieres with Migraine Syndrome!