Author Topic: Headaches and pressure behind my left ear  (Read 10302 times)

Eeeber35

Headaches and pressure behind my left ear
« on: March 06, 2014, 12:45:29 am »
I was diagnosed with a 1.8 cm neuroma on my left side. I've been having headaches, pressure and just pain on that side. Is that normal?

Thanks

Echo

Re: Headaches and pressure behind my left ear
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 11:29:42 am »
Hi Eeeber35,

You will find many here who deal with headaches and pressure both pre and post treatment.  For some it's random and comes and goes, others deal with it more ongoing.  There are also many folks, who have no issue at all with headaches.

I was also diagnosed with a 1.8cm AN on my right side.  Around the time of my diagnosis and during the first year after (but pre treatment) I had continual headaches up the back of my head that would occur only when I was lying down and they would wake me when sleeping.  If I sat up for a while the headaches would go away.  I had one Otolaryngologist tell me they had nothing to do with my AN and I had a Neurosurgeon tell me anything was possible.   I can tell you, that about 2 months prior to my Gamma and during the last 6 months  post Gamma, I no longer have those types of headaches.

As for pressure or pain, I've had some pressure but it is recent and most likely due to some post Gamma swelling.  I have never had any pain.

Take care,
Cathie
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 02:10:51 pm by Echo »
Diagnosed: June 2012, right side AN 1.8cm
June 2013: AN has grown to 2.4 cm.
Gamma Knife: Sept. 11, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital

Eeeber35

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 03:05:53 am »
Thank you.

wintersmd

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 06:43:43 pm »
Hi EEber35
I am about 10 months post op for a 1.5cm AN on my left ear.  I never had headaches prior to surgery, but since surgery I get 1-2 headaches per week.  some are so bad I miss work.  It seems to come in the morning and last all day.  About the only thing that helps is Oxycontin to help me sleep.  I have also started sleeping on a heating pad.  that seems to help some.  I have another appointment with my neuro surgeon in May for further tests.  Just hang there, I would rather have headaches than going through cancer treatments.