Author Topic: News about the Bell's Palsy Information Site  (Read 2567 times)

ToddH

News about the Bell's Palsy Information Site
« on: February 12, 2010, 09:30:50 am »
I am not sure where to post this, so webmaster -  feel free to move it. Sad news, I'm afraid. The website www.bellspalsy.ws has been down now for several weeks. I had moderated the Treatment Options and Botox forums on it. Among other things it had a listing of medical centers, doctors and facial nmr therapists worldwide on it.
The sad news is that it's founder and webmaster, Jan, has died. We are not sure if the original website will be restarted in the future. For those interested, a temporary website has been created:
crookedsmiles.proboards.com/index.cgi

Todd Henkelmann, PT, MS, CCTT

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: News about the Bell's Palsy Information Site
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 10:34:07 am »
Hi Todd. :) Good to see you.

Thank you for this update  and I'm sorry to hear of the very sad news....  I'm sorry to hear of its founder's passing and my condolences to all those that knew her.  Posting this here is fine (in Facial Issues forum) and please keep us updated as you learn more. I know many would appreciate it.

BTW, hope you didn't get too snowed in and all is safe/sound your way.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 11:45:38 am »
Todd, i cant believe jan has died, i used to email on/off over the past couple of years , what happened to her?
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

ToddH

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 03:02:02 pm »
My understanding is that she was a smoker and had advanced lung cancer (no one on the website was aware).  No other news at this point...
Todd  
PS. We've gotten more than 2 feet of snow and I've NEVER shovelled so much snow in my life!! It is good exercise and I pace myself, so actually am feeling pretty strong right now!  Now there are huge icicles forming on everyone's houses, pretty wild! Funny that we have more snow here than in Vancouver for the Olympics....  :o
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 03:08:02 pm by ToddH »