Author Topic: Facial Therapist in Toronto?  (Read 2497 times)

mimoore

• Believe!
Facial Therapist in Toronto?
« on: September 07, 2009, 07:50:10 pm »
Hi Gang,
My facial therapist at Sunny Brook Hospital in Toronto fell and broke her shoulder. Consequently I have not have any facial therapy since April. I hope she is healing and doing well and doesn't rush back to work until she is ready.
I am looking for another therapist in the interm. My cheek is lifting when my eye closes and I need to retrain but need guidance from a professional.
Does anyone living near Toronto use a good therapist that I could call?
Thanks,
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

val

Re: Facial Therapist in Toronto?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 10:51:18 pm »
Hi Michelle:  Sorry to here of your problem with your facial therapist.  I can't help you with any referral, just noticed in your profile that we had a few things in common.  I live north of Toronto and had translab surgery at Sunnybrook last December.  They were not able to get all of my tumor either, it was intermingled with my facial nerve.  I was fortunate that my facial paralysis at the time was only temporary.   I hope that you can find someone to help.   
All the best  Valerie
 Have you asked Sunnybrook for a referral?  You would think they could help.
diagnosed July/07 AN right side 12mm x 3.5mm
2nd MRI April/08 AN 16mm x 9mm
symptoms tintinus, balance issues, hearing loss
scheduled for translab Dec 3/08  Sunnybrook, Toronto
Dr J. Chen - Dr F. Pirouzmand

mimoore

• Believe!
Re: Facial Therapist in Toronto?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 05:25:30 pm »
thanks Donnalynn that would be great if you would PM me with the contact information.  :-*
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.