Author Topic: Looking for people from UK, Manchester who have AN  (Read 2901 times)

shameless_stud

Looking for people from UK, Manchester who have AN
« on: July 26, 2010, 10:34:12 am »
Hi all, hope you are all keeping well.

I was wondering if you knew of any forum posters from the UK, particularly from the North West, ideally Manchester who have an AN. It would be great to gety some local support and find out if there's anyone as young as me in the area with an AN.

Thanks for your help! Sorry if this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move if that's the case.
Mark

stevecms

Re: Looking for people from UK, Manchester who have AN
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 01:56:09 pm »
Hi Mark,im from the uk near worcester.Had a 4cm an 99.9 % removed in sept 09 with translab surgery.Mind you im an old git,49 at time of surgery.This is a great helpsite with good people willing to help.cheers steve.
4 cm acc neuroma 99.9% removed queen elizabeth hospital 6 sept 09 by dr walsh.thought it was trigeminal neuralga,lots of facial pain for 18mths,now deaf on rh side little taste and ear pressure.13 hour surgery.

shameless_stud

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 03:58:49 pm »
Hey Steve,

Good to hear from you. Posted on hear a few times, mainly for health worries or stupid questions! It's such a friendly community, it's brilliant. I was diagnosed with a 1.2cm AN last year, completely messed up my world. Just had another MRI last week which will determine if I have to have surgery or not. All depends wether it's grown. I won't lie, I'm petrified!

You're not old at all don't be daft! How are you after your surgery, have you recovered well? Is there any advice you could that relates to surgery if I have to go ahead with it I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks mate,
Mark

suboo73

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 05:19:57 pm »
Hi Mark,

Good to read your post, and glad you found this Forum - there are wonderful folks here who have lots of information about ANs.

I am from Virginia, USA, but almost visited Manchester this past spring, until the volcano blew up!   ::)

Please continue to post and let us know about your progress.

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W