Author Topic: Neurotin  (Read 2490 times)

Battyp

Neurotin
« on: April 27, 2006, 07:29:54 pm »
Didn't several of you say you were taking that drug? They had an ad on tv for the cochran firm for litigants for this drug..things that make you go hmmmm....

lmurray69

Re: Neurotin
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 09:42:55 pm »
Hi Patty.Its Linda ,I take Neurontin..its for my arthritis in the hands and shoulders..also a seizer drug spelling terrible. It makes me forgetfull. confused and my Dr wont let me off it...I am stoping all my meds.. weaning myself off all of them..
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Kathleen_Mc

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 09:58:12 pm »
Linda: Be very careful taking yourself off your meds, if they are not decreased in the right amounts and the right frequencies terrible things can happen (seizures etc.) I hope you don't drive during this time! Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 07:59:10 am »
Def wean not go cold turkey and check with the pharacist to see what he recommends. 

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 10:16:51 am »
On it as well for pain control. Low dose due to my fibromyalgia, to help numb nerve endings.  I have actually done well on it and no side affects experienced (for a change!)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lmurray69

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 09:58:54 pm »
Sorry didnt mean to upset you..They tell me that my meds are not going to be covered what are you to do..I have heart pills neurontin, high blood pressure , lipitor, metformin,tomoxifen, prilosec.I get really confused,, To day I had a very hard day.. Much debate about nothing..it's just hard to get threw the days sometime..14 pills a day .which ones should i dorp first doc.. I have a 250 spenddown so cant go to dr.. Meds are being a spend down 250.00  I just give up.. I try to rember and it just seems like you cant think...The Surgeon wont take the stupied thing out,High risk he says..I say Jerk...You dont have one do you...WE all do..Go to the AN site and read the letters from the AN people, He thinks were all insaine..I wont go no more..No i am not thinking of sueaside..I love god and live to much..But you know it gets really hard..Thanks for the ear....
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

matti

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 11:10:28 pm »
Imurray - I am so sorry you are having to go through all this, but always know that we are all here for you. Keeping you in my thoughts

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 02:11:39 pm »
Linda--have you sent your MRI's to House Ear Institute for a second opinion? They are really nice and will do this for free. Try to get your radiosurgery report and some of your health records for your other conditions to send them as well.  We are here for you always.

Captain Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW