Author Topic: Please Read!! Scared and Need Support!! New to site! THANKS FOR RESPONSES  (Read 7290 times)

ceeceek

Re: Please Read!! Scared and Need Support!! New to site! THANKS FOR RESPONSES
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 08:44:34 pm »
Hang tight.  I am unofficial member ( I will fill you all in on latest development later) as I do not have an AN...something else...but understand your panic believe me....however, I have studied my butt off and most definately those hormones can play havoc, so get the MRI, don't freak in meantime, remember they are slow slow growing....and even if it is AN,,,there are so many new treatments including CK and GK that another surgery may not even be required if it is an AN....but it is more than likely not from everything I have read in regards to the whole hormone issue......just get the MRI with contrast..ever so important and keep calm and feel free to call, cry, b___, complain, laugh, and make stupid jokes with the rest of us...the best group ever.....

Ceeceek

even though it is not AN....I am not leaving and you can't make me...hahahahaha
Such is life...Finally identified...vidian nerve schwanomma, 2.8x2.8x3cm.....in the middle but under my brain.....post transphenoidal endoscopic surgery April 19th, 2007 Pre CK treatment in Sept 07.....re-arranged cavity in hopes of reducing side effects and now officially diagnosed as hard headed.

Lorenzo

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007, 01:03:50 am »
Even though it's not an AN, fell free to call, cry, b___, complain, laugh, and make stupid jokes with the rest of us... any time you want! :)

Ciao, Lorenzo

Obita

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2007, 06:54:07 pm »
Hi Jen and welcome!!

I am a total whack job the week between my yearly MRI and getting the results.  Year 3 comming up May 1.

I wish I could say I will be better this year than last, but I am sure I won't.  I try not to think about regrowth the other 51 weeks of the year.  If it regrows, I will deal with it as I dealt with it the first time around.  IT is not going to win!!

Congrats the the wee one, Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 08:05:00 pm »
Hey Jen: take care of yourself and the babies. And yeah, you can definately get the bugger nuked if it is regrowth but that likelyhood is really low.  Ayayay- two babies- girl that would wreck havoc on anyone! (Personally as a woman with no children just lots of nieces and nephews), I always think motherhood is the hardest career choice with hard work, emotional investment and no pay! EEEKS Having just had CK treatment at Stanford, I waited each day with the cancer patients- it certainly put a perspective on "how lucky" I was to have a benign ear tumor that could be treated non invasively... so cuddle the babies and enjoy that wonderful baby smell and soft skin.  We are here/hear for you...take care, Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys