Author Topic: My turn coming up ..  (Read 3884 times)

Timjk

My turn coming up ..
« on: January 31, 2007, 09:54:58 pm »
My surgery date is a week away,Feb. 7th.. My last day at work is tomorrow.
I have the pre-op appointment Friday at Moffitt Cancer Center. I know my "journey" is just beginning now but I want to thank everyone who has sent me messages of encouragement. For any of you who aren't familiar with my case, I am having Chiari malformation decompression surgery and Retro-sig surgery for a 3.3 cm. tumor on the right side done in one six hour surgery session.

The thing that sets this web site apart from any I have looked at is everyone here has basically the same issues.. We speak from experience.. we are living it, not just studying it and writing about the subject... and with that comes compassion from the heart...True compassion...

Once again I ask those of you who have an inside line to God,please pray for me... I try to pray for myself but right now it feels like my prayers are falling short..

Peace Out,
                     Tim Kimball
Surgery Feb.7th at Moffitt,Tampa. Removed right side AN 3.3 CM plus Chiari Malformation decompression.Second surgery Feb.23rd Ventricle Periphirial Shunt to correct CSF leak.. NO HEARING LOSS.. NO HEADACHES... GOD IS GOOD !!!

Dantheman

• Orthodox Christian Bookstore
Re: My turn coming up ..
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 10:54:59 pm »
Tim,

I sense your ordeal with prayers. I have never had a problem with praying for others in their time of hardship. But since I was diagnosed I have difficulty praying for myself. I still go to Church every week, I still pray for others. I also pray for my family (being that they are going through this advententure with me) and the health care providers that will be caring for me.

Just keep praying...even if it's not for yourself...I pray the inner peace and acceptance will come to you as it has for me.

Dan
Diagnosed 12/08/2006. 1.7 cm Right Side AN.
Trans-lab performed on 02/13/2007 by Dr. Lawrence Meiteles and Dr. Raj Murali at Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla, N.Y.
TransEar worn since 4/17/07.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 04:41:35 am »
Tim,
You are in my prayers.  No prayer falls short.  He hears them all.  Soon you will be a postie.
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 05:27:53 am »
Hi Tim:

Easier said then done but try to keep a peaceful heart through this journey.
Will keep the prayers going out for you, & for all who need healing.

Best wishes my friend,    Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Timjk

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 06:20:40 am »
Once again,thank you for the encouraging replies..

Tim
Surgery Feb.7th at Moffitt,Tampa. Removed right side AN 3.3 CM plus Chiari Malformation decompression.Second surgery Feb.23rd Ventricle Periphirial Shunt to correct CSF leak.. NO HEARING LOSS.. NO HEADACHES... GOD IS GOOD !!!

Battyp

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 06:30:28 am »
You are in God's hands!  He hears us even when we think he's not listening!  I've got your back!  I want to get a great report as soon as you're up to it!

Hugs M

Dealy

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 06:39:53 am »
Tim-From another NF2 I feel your pain. HE is always with us-you know that. You are on my prayer chain buddy. I know this is a difficult road for us-some more than others. I will keep you next to my heart as you face surgery. With a tear in my eye and a dear hug for you that all goes well. Keep up the faith-Ron

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 09:26:02 am »
Tim,

As my Chiari-brother-in-crime, you know I'll be looking for updates on the decompression surgery.  As for the AN, as well... well, I send wishes and hugs and prayers and good energy as I know you will do well.  I know this one is going to be a tough one, with the combo surgeries occurring... but know that I am going to be cheering you on, doing healing dances, etc... you're gonna do great.

If someone gets a chance to log on for you to keep us updated, that would be great. :)

Tim, hang tough!  We're here!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

cindysip

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 10:01:33 am »
Tim, your prayers will be answered...have faith!
Diagnosed 1/07 2mm AN - symptoms included spinning sensations when awakening, balance problems & mild hearing loss
6/07 - followup MRI no growth
6/08 - no growth, hearing unchanged