Author Topic: Re: ANA symptoms without visual on scan  (Read 1605 times)

Toni Crane

• Toni Crane
Re: ANA symptoms without visual on scan
« on: February 28, 2013, 07:10:42 am »
Hi.  My name is Toni and I am a mum of six wonderful children. My oldest daughter Sariah (17) who is normally very healthy began to notice vision problems about 12 months ago. I took her to the optometrist who stated she has an anomaly behind her right eye but he didn't think it was anything to worry about. He noted she had mild long sightedness and gave her a prescription for glasses (which we filled). 

Then about 4 months later Sariah noticed hearing loss in her right ear along with pain below the right side of her jaw, sharp stabbing feeling in her right ear as well as a continuous hissing sound and headaches that wouldn't ease.   Her vision became worse also. 

Other symptoms she has had are: continuous pressure headaches, mood swings, forgetfulness, sweating constantly, weight gain of approx 30kg, a hump on her back behind her neck, anxiety, dry hair with increased oiliness, boils, loss of periods, purple/red stretch marks on abdo legs and arms,nausea and vomiting, tremors in her hands (these have been there for a couple of years).

We finally had our apt for the ENT three weeks ago who could not see anything wrong with Sariah's ear  but agrees something isn't right. He sent her for an MRI with contrast which showed no tumours as did the CT scan. He all but threw his hands in the air and said it was probably a virus and there was nothing he could do but let us sit and watch the rest of her hearing disappear.

Other tests we have had done are:
She has had a hearing test done which showed severe hearing loss in her right ear. Her vision test which I had done just today showed almost complete loss of peripheral vision in right eye with multiple anomalies in the eye. Also she no longer has any long distance focus in that eye. The optometrist is preparing a comprehensive report for the ENT. She has also had thyroid tests done which show normal TSH.

I'm so frustrated! I know there's something wrong only I don't feel like anyone is really wanting to help or knows how to help!  Her symptoms are similar to an AN but also that of Cushing's disease. Tomorrow I am going to the gp to ask for a cortisol level test as well as a pituitary test. Although I think she has had a pituitary test. I'll double check!

Anyway.....I was hoping someone may have some kind of suggestion on what to do next or if they have had similar battles. Any help/support would be greatly appreciated
Toni