Author Topic: Prayers For Bo  (Read 10608 times)

opp2

Re: Prayers For Bo
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2011, 07:42:05 pm »
Go to the District Attorney and tell them, flat out and with all the gorry details what is going on. I'm sure Bo will be excused. I know I'm Canadian, but we have people get out of jury duty for less.

Good Luck...
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2011, 11:32:17 am »
got in touch with our PCP and he said that report shows abnormal cells in some polyps but they are not yet cancer ...and said when surgeon gets back he will give a full report ... so feel a bit better ... I am figuring Bo will have the repair surgery sometime this fall and then have to do annual colonoscopies to watch for any new polyps or changes
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2011, 02:16:36 pm »
Soundy ~

Thanks for the update.  I'm so pleased to learn of the good news for Bo.  Prayers were definitely answered and we're all grateful. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

opp2

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2011, 05:14:04 pm »
That is good news! Yay for both of you. You've had so much going on, you deserve a break.
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

Soundy

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2011, 05:03:29 am »
I wish Bo would go and get it taken care of ... I see the sense in him waiting til hay is in and doing it that little window of time between cutting hay and feeding it ... that is usually 6-8 weeks where mainly we just watch and check animals ... no heavy work ... but at same time I hate him working like he does and feeling bad ... and that comment is so familiar to what people were telling be before surgery and in the years since ... Bo like me has got to stay busy even if it wears him down ...

they also want his iron up before surgery ... myself an doctor told him iron shots would bring it up faster than the pills he swallows but he hates shots ... office called and said Bo can see the surgeon on the 19 ...so we wait ...

Thanks for kind thoughts and prayers
Translab July 2 ,2007

Soundy

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2011, 07:43:23 pm »
saw doctor today... surgeon ... Bo gets to have another colonoscopy in 6 months then if no new developments annual ones ... he took surrounding tissue from areas that the polyps looked different and had abnormal cells that were changing , so he thinks things will be fine ,  but will monitor it closely...

as for fissure ... he gave Bo option to use medicines to help it heal since the bleeding is finely slowed down or surgery ... so for now he is going with 2 different kinds of  suppositories , continuing iron pills as his iron is still low and suppose to avoid long hours sitting ... Bo is a big guy ... about 300 pounds of him ... doctor says 250 would be a good weight for his height and frame so he has also been told to see if he can pull off some pounds which will help avoid further tears ... don't see him avoiding the long hours sitting on tractor but maybe he will be OK ...
Translab July 2 ,2007

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2011, 09:42:45 pm »
Prayers keep coming for Bo!
Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

kraynok2

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2011, 06:47:26 pm »
I am glad that Bo is doing better.  It is good to hear that there was no cancer as of the last report.  I hope Bo can do some resting and won't need the surgery.  I will add him to my prayer list.
Sandy

Soundy

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2011, 05:50:20 pm »
Bo finished up hay and now has 5 or 6 weeks til he starts feeding it ... maybe that will give him time to heal up ... bouncing around on tractors hours at a time isn't good for what ails him ... he couldn't just let people do for him ...had to be there in the thick of it
Translab July 2 ,2007

Mei Mei

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2011, 08:04:03 pm »
Prayers are sent your way.   Our ears are here to listen.
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Soundy

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2011, 05:09:53 am »
Thanks ... he is doing good and has less bleeding which means the fissure is healing ... hope it is completely healed before hay feeding time rolls around
Translab July 2 ,2007