Author Topic: Size of AN  (Read 2236 times)

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
Size of AN
« on: August 30, 2009, 07:55:51 pm »
As I have mentioned in other post currently my AN is fairly small.  I am having another MRI on Tuesday.  I live close to Standford and I know they use both types of radiation.  Since I have almost lost the hearing in the that ear that does not have the AN I do not want to have surgery, as I want to perserve as much hearing as possible.  When I go to my doctor for my results I would like to ask him to make the referral.  My question is:  does anyone know what size tumor they will wait to treat, or can they use radiation on any size tumor?

Thanks

TJ

sgerrard

Re: Size of AN
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 10:47:24 pm »
Mine was 8mm at treatment, and they had no problem with it being that small, although Dr. Chang did comment that it was on the small end of the scale. I think you have said yours is 5mm, and I don't know if that would be considered too small or not. You will probably just have to ask.

Dr. Chang's email is on his Stanford profile page:
http://stanfordhospital.org/profiles/physician/Steven_Chang (click on the Academic Offices tab).

You could also ask at the Cyberknife Patient Forum: http://www.cyberknife.com/Forum.aspx.

I'd be interested to hear what you find out.

Steve
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 01:41:02 am by sgerrard »
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
Re: Size of AN
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 08:57:12 am »
Thanks Steve for your comments.  I knew from other post that you made you had it done at Stanford.  My MRI is tommorrow with following up with doctor in a couple of weeks.  If has grown he probably will make the referral.  This forum is great for us as we know how we feel and so many have gone through this process already.

Thanks Again
TJ