Author Topic: Good News  (Read 5666 times)

ginger21

Good News
« on: January 31, 2010, 09:35:37 pm »
I have not posted much, but I am hear reading alot, all of you have a lot of good questions and anwsers. I must thank all of you for this, it has been so helpful to me.

on to my Good News. I saw my Dr. and in a 6 mon period my AN has not changed in size and my hear test is the same no additional loss in hearing.

Just to give you alittle back ground on why I was diagnosed in Nov 2009 but had my hearing test and first MRI in May 2009. Well after compaining to my PCP about full ness and hearingloss after a double ear infection she sent me for a hearing test. The audioligest did not like the results , signifcant hearing loss in the right but everything is ok in the left, he sent me to the ENT and that is when my MRI was ordered. Well then my husband lost his job and our health insurance. But then with a referral to a Neuoloigest and getting an affordable insurrance policy, I did not see Dr and get my diagnosis untill Nov 2009. Well after all that this month Jan 2010 my Neuoloigest ordered another MRI and hearing test. And I am so excited that there is no change. I will be returning in June 2010 for another MRI and hearing test and can only hope for the best.

I have now officaly entered the watch and wait catagory.
W & W as of 01/27/2010 keeping my fingers crossed for the next 6 months
4mm AN-right side
www.facebook.com/gingerleigh72

petgroomer

• Love to live... Live to love...
    • Vagal Schwannoma
Re: Good News
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 02:20:04 am »
Welcome Ginger,
I'm not officially an AN'er, but I hang out in this group for support/knowledge and to put my 2 cents in once in a while.
THEY will help you out immensely!!!  I can't think of a better site that has offered so much info and advice and a shoulder to cry on.   
Keep us posted Ginger!

JULY 2009 found 5.6 cm X 4 cm vagal schwan on the 10th cranial nerve and by MAY 2010 it grew to 7.1 cm X 4 cm X 4.1 cm  Nov 2010 it has grown another 10%... time for C.K.! :)
I love life but I'm finding it harder to do .. one millimetre at a time.
www.vagalschwannoma.com 
www.allinonepetcare.co

suboo73

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 05:27:30 am »
Hi Ginger!

Am stopping by to say 'hi' and welcome to the W & W club!
I have been here since Oct 08, but really a lot longer, after being misdiagnosed for a long time.
My big sister is here, too.

It is WONDERFUL that you were finally able to have the MRI and find out what was going on.  ;D
[And how is your husband doing?  Did he find a job?]

Some days, i get frustrated with W & W and my hearing loss... However, i realize how extremely LUCKY i am to have no additional symptoms and can hang out here.

Keep up with those MRI's and keep us posted!
All my thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Sincerely,
Sue

suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 03:07:11 pm »
Hi, Ginger ~

Thanks for sharing your good news (no change) and advising us that you're now an 'official' Watch-and-Wait AN patient.  I hope you'll be able to remain in the 'Watch-and-Wait' category for a long time.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 05:25:22 pm »
Ginger,
I'm with Jim, thanks for sharing the great news.  I'll keep you in y thoughts and prayers for continued no growth news and no more hearing loss!
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

ginger21

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 08:55:10 pm »
thanks for all your support everyone. And to update you on my husband, no he has not found a job yet. This is a good thing that I will not be having treatment at this time, I am the one working full time and supporting the family. He is still looking and very frustrated, he will take anything right now and every interview he has been on they tell him he is over qualified. How does a person just get a job who wants to work?

thanks again for this forum it has been to great. Now I just need a forum to help me out with a almost 13 year old daughter and her daily drama!!!!
4mm AN-right side

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 09:56:58 pm »
Ginger -

if you find that other Forum, please let me know.  I have a daughter who will be 14 at the end of this month (she has a twin brother) and the daily drama is killing me  ;D

Glad to see I'm not alone in this.  Misery loves company!  :D

Great news about your MRI.  Happy watching & waiting.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 10:09:56 pm »
Now I just need a forum to help me out with a almost 13 year old daughter and her daily drama!!!!

Perhaps this? http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?board=10.0

It's called the Headache section.  ;D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Vivian B.

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 04:33:36 pm »
Welcome to the watch and wait team. We are quite a large group. It's great news that there has been no change. Sometimes I wish these things would just disappear on their own by some miracle. Wishful thinking.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 07:12:17 pm »
Steve, that's not nice!!!  >:(
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

ginger21

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 09:42:55 pm »
Steve,

I love it. you hit the nail on the head. or shoud I say headache. She does give me daily headaches, most of the time.
4mm AN-right side

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 10:29:41 pm »
Hilarious, Steve!  ;D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways